1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest open new reservations window

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Buddha, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today, March 3rd, is the day that Southwest opened up their reservations window all the way to Oct. 31.

I was online at 7:00 am this morning, and booked our September flights to Vegas, and included the Early-Bird boarding. Flight prices were $10 higher than when we booked our April flights, a few months back. Plenty of time for a possible price drop, and hopefully a re-booking.

2. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my September trip too. I figure tomorrow the prices/points will drop a bit like they do on most Tuesdays and I will rebook with lower points.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked 33rd anniversary trip for Oct. Damn, $206 each way, pp, is pricey.:cry:

Funny thing is that is for non-stop. Some of the one stops back to Milwaukee were more expensive and the flight times weren't that much better.

We're leaving Vegas at 8:25 AM. I am not a morning person, but my wife prefers that to the other non-stop at 2:20 PM. Yes dear! It's worked this long, so what the hell, compromise.:poke:

Christmas
  4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't booked yet but we're at $231 each way (basic fare, no EB or anything). Quite a bit higher than I was hoping for. We'll be watching closely over the next few days.

Joe, the non stops were the cheapest option for us also. They usually have been in my Southwest experience.

5. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looked this AM, Boston $144 8/31, flyback 9/5 $137 less than $281 RT and decent times will need to decide soon :thumbsup:
    Jetblue was over $400 same dates :thumbsdown:

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Years ago, some of the lowest prices on SWA could be found right when travel dates were extended. That hasn't been the case for quite some time and probably never will be. No rush folks. If anything, prices will come down.

7. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Chef is that the trend you usually see? How long before they drop do you have an estimated timeframe you've seen it happen in. I'm a bride looking to book and of course I want to save everyone as much as I can. Thanks for any input :)

8. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazes me that half the distance from St. Louis is nearly $150 more RT then your near cross country trip.

9. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked our August Vegas trip last night for only $184 roundtrip!!! I about choked when I saw the $92 each way. I jumped on that so fast!!! Flying out of Denver, BTW.

10. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow congrats! Amazing fare. They must feel a lot of pressure from the competition. Who uses Denver as their hub?

11. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    United and Frontier

12. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What makes you so sure " prices will come down"? I don't know if that is true on all routes. On the MDW-LAS route, I am not seeing much decrease in prices. They just dropped a few dollars. If anything prices keep creeping up.

If you see a price that you are comfortable with, you better book it. With the plan to re-book if the price goes down. Don't assume that prices will come down because that is what happened years ago.

Years ago flights were not full like they are now. Years ago there were more flights and more competition. That is not true today. It is a sellers market.

13. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my trips booked but I will be watching closely for the annual anniversary sale that has been run somewhere in the beginning of June. I have booked/rebooked great rates for the past few years during that sale. Hope they have it again. June 10th maybe?

I will be curious to see if the decrease in point redemption after March 31 will nullify this sale.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.