1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest old credit conversion/tier status question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bedaniels, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, I have old southwest credits from the previous RR system. The website says I can use 14,400 current RR points to convert those old credits into a free flight award which will expire in January.

If I do the conversion and use the points do I have until January to use the free flight award or do I have a year from the date of conversion to use the free flight award? I assume the free flight award is for round trip travel not one way travel correct? I usually hit Vegas in the fall or early winter and I don't want the old credits to expire without using them.

Also I have a southwest cc with plenty of points. For A-list status you need 25 flights or 35,000 Teir qualifying points in a calander year. My account says I have ~8000 Teir qualifying points, which are earned by flights or with the sw rr credit card. This year I spent far more than 8k on the card. Are credit card points not counted as Teir qualifying points? What's the difference between a tier qualifying point and a credit point with the credit card? The website is rather vague on this issue.

Thanks to all, Party on!

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have a year from the time you convert. So wait until as close to January as possible. Only points earned on the PREMIER credit card will count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.