1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest nonstops from MHT disappearing again

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by nhcris, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was holding off on booking my flight to Vegas for September hoping the $212 nonstop would come down a bit. Well, I did my daily check and can't find the nonstop. The last nonstop out of Manchester to Vegas is August 11th :grrr:

I don't get it. Every single time I have flown SWA MHT to Vegas the flight has been totally full.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. They went away in January and then came back in April.

Maybe that's going to be the new schedule for awhile, April - August.

Don't forget, $212 this year is the same as "$186" last year.

3. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What concerns me is that there was one nonstop per day through at least part of October and today they went 'POOF'. It doesn't look good for the future.

The main reason I didn't book the $212 was because JetBlue is $170 for their nonstop. SWA had better times, but that is a moot point now. Also, for the lovely pleasure of spending an extra couple of hours connecting, you also get to pay an additional $11 to cover fees at the layover airport.

Looks like I will be watching TV for 6 hours coming and going!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems strange that they would cut them off in the middle of August. October makes more sense. Maybe they'll come back.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nhchris,
    The way I see it is it's your fault.....should have booked! lol. I also enjoyed the ns flights and the times for several years. Hard to get used to the old routine of a stop and the extra cost for longer travel time and worse service! On the flights I took nonstop, they were also almost always full. Go figure!

Jimbo338

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd keep checking.... the non-stops from ORF disappear on occasion and then they just show up again. They drop off regulalry in the winter too but I've seen them disappear all times of the year. With all the on-line booking available these days, the airlines changes stuff up daily.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but...it could even be a way to promote bookings....take it away a while and then when they put it back..."bam", people jump on it.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noticed this last night....I do not understand it. Every time we go it is sold out. I haven't checked yet to see if BDL and PVD still have one. A few weeks ago they still had them listed in September, what happens to those who had already booked it? Love my MHT.

8. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full flight does not always = profitable flight .They could be moving aircraft to more profitable routes.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.