1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest fly by priority security line

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by greekjim, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greekjim

greekjim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the southwest priority security line save people time? I got a business select ticket for the first time and they have this as one of the perks of the ticket.

2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup....big time..when I fly out of BWI you goto the front of the line....pretty sweet perk

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In some airports, it sure does.. in others, like Vegas, I'm not so sure. The C gates A-list priority line is merged with the wheel-chair line, which I never quite understood. I just got the TSA-PreCheck deal and so even though I always buy Business Select tickets, I go in that line now.

4. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TSA Pre ck Line can be hit or miss at McCarran.
    Past few months, TSA PreCk Line could be as long, or alittle longer, than regular C gate TSA lines.........I swear they were letting Everyone in the PreCk line.:nono:

But last week, PreCk was Definately SHORTER, and saved time. Yay, thats what its suppose to do!:licklips:

As far as Fly by.........seems to me that catergory has been upstaged by PreCk. My Boarding pass always says PreCk now, and only says Flyby when I reserve my ticket.

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a side note, I've never had getthing thru C gate in Vegas take more than 10 minutes. I've never seen another airport that moves people like they do there. The line always looks long too but it moves fast.

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got precheck four times in a row. I thought I was set for life. Then the last trip I didn't get it. The TSA people have all said it's just randomly given out.

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "The TSA people have all said it's just randomly given out."

THAT kind of security approach makes me feel VERY secure.....especially when taking MY belt and shoes off in the longer line.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just depends, our last trip flying out of CMH the couple if front of us had it, we did not. They were routed to another line and we both met on the other side at the same time. As with everything else at airports its all about the timing.

9. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm A-List. Have been for years.......maybe thats why I always get PreCk.
    Spouse Not A-list.......sometimes gets Preck, sometimes Not.

Most of my solo trips, appears to be Me in Preck, with some other A-listers, (they usually have their act together and breeze thru), and then you got ALL the Newbies who seem to have No clue about TSA and what to do.:thumbsdown:
    So THAT slows down the Security line.

Wish Southwest they could make up their mind, WHO belongs in PreCk and who doesn't.:nono:

10. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if it doesn't save that much time in line, it saves the hassle of emptying your laptop, toiletries, belts off, pockets, etc.

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends I guess, in December when we flew to LAS out of OKC we actually made it through the check in before at least three couples who went into the fast lane before us.

Cosmo Christmas
  12. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I had to have my passport checked, be finger-printed, AND have a background security check done for the government to issue my TSA Pre-Check number, I can't believe this is just randomly given out, but have heard it is.

The beauty of the Pre-Check is not having to remove jackets, shoes, liquids, laptops... etc and just breeze through the line. That tells me that, if the Pre-Check line has as many people as the regular line, it should still be faster. What I'm not ok with is the airlines, or TSA, or whomever randomly allowing people who have not had the additional screening going through the pre-check line.

The pre-check line is not the first class line, etc... where you still have to go through all the usual security protocol. I don't think it should be given out until that person has all the "Pre-Check" done that those of us have gone though, and BTW, paid for.

Just my 2 cents!
    diane

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you and am guessing the "randomness" goes away as more sign-up (I did too) for this. I also think the "randomness" did have some manner of "thought" behind it... I doubt cash paying, one way passengers were being selected.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.