1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Extends Reservation System

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have been asleep at the wheel! I was figuring that I'd have to wait til the end of August or into September before I could start my search in general for next year's trip and I happened to check in to SWA's website today to see that they have already opened their bookings until February 13, 2013 and on July 16th they plan on expanding their booking schedule to March 8, 2013! I guess you know what I'll be doing for the rest of today! Good luck frugal travelers!

Jimbo338

2. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not trying to be a smartass, but I'm pretty sure you are the one who tipped me off to this a few weeks ago...I booked my Jan trip on Monday, as soon as the dates opened up. Thanks again!

3. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you actually able to get decent prices right when they open up? I'm sure for some very specific weekends it might be worthwhile, but I always find that prices do nothing but go down from when they are first posted.

I'm seeing 190-200 each way from Austin right now. I don't think I've ever paid more than 160 each way on any trip I've taken.

4. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not from here, been watching fares since the first of the year, and there have been no drops at all. I think when I first booked August, they started around $200, and are over $225 now, so I felt there was no reason to wait, and see if they drop.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stop being a smartass! j/k, last time I think the booking extended into January but not the entire month cause I plan a return on Feb 2nd.

Jimbo338

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been times they dropped but it hasn't happened in the last 2 years to any degree. Southwest vacations and
    "Add a Hotel" on SWA have not added their usual packages yet. For the last 2 years the best deal in retrospect was booking with Soutwest vacations or adding a hotel to SWA . The hotel was better and the price was about $100 cheaper. However, the prices were not as high as they are now. I'm going to wait a bit and I would still like to book my hotel and plane separately. Best thing to do is to check often and look everywhere.

Jimbo338

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm finding it odd

how they are rolling out fares right now...
    They opened last Monday through 2/17...and next Monday they will open another month's worth??
    What a pain.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.