1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Early Bird Check In

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by opal24, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opal24

opal24 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time flying using Early Bird check in and I have a question. I know the system checks you in 36 hours ahead of time but it is then critical that I log on and check in 24 hours ahead of time?
    Thanks!

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With SWA early check in there is no need for you to check in 24 hours ahead of time....but you do need to check in at least 1 hour before to print your boarding passes....that the only reason to check in....or you can print them at the airport but I heard now that may cost you.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's critical if you want a decent boarding number. You can also pay $10 pp for early bird boarding and skip the entire process. Flying anywhere, we check-in exactly 24 hrs ahead of time, but coming home, we usually spend the $10pp for Early Bird boarding and not worry about it.

Also, you do not need to print your boarding pass ahead of time, even if you checked in. You can do that at the airport.

Christmas
  4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what we did two weeks ago. Our flight home was at 6:00 a.m. We don't have a Smart phone so where would we check in that early? The $10.00 was especially worth it because we had to change planes so actually only $5.00 per flight.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Early Bird for my trip this past weekend. Never did anything except print my boarding pass at the airport and check my bags, and that didn't cost anything. Had boarding position A36 on the way to Vegas and A23 on the way out. I did get to the airport about 90 minutes early both times, so if I was going to be running late I'd probably pre-print. But it was no issue at all the way I did it.

6. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SWA - Early Bird check-in system is one of the best $20 expenditures of the trip !! No fuss, no muss, no worries .....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.