1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest- Check rates again, I got $100 credit

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lillady, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call Southwest and ask. I tried doing this today for my credit, but they wouldn't do anything for me unless the credit was greater than $100. But sadly mine was 80 so I'm just outta luck.

For those who travel outta MDW there were dates in September and October for $69 a way. One heck of a deal if you days work around the deals.

2. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

Just booked Sept 13 Tues-Sat RT from Newark for $257. I have never seen it that low from Newark.:beer:

3. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the best info that I could find when facing the same issue.
    Wait until the TTF has expired, you can then wait up to 6 months and then call the Dallas based customer service number, they will issue a LUV voucher for the balance minus $100, which is valid for 6 months.

Take a look here:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1582572-misinformation-issuing-luv-vouchers-expired-ticketless-travel-funds-2.html

" I have about $150 in credit for my daughter that expires in 2 weeks. I called 2 days ago and was told that I have:
    up to 6 months from funds expiration to call customer relations and request the extension / issuance of a travel voucher.
    The voucher is good for any traveler, not restricted to the original person ticketed.
    You have 6 months from voucher issuance to use the funds. So if you time it right, you can get another year to use your travel funds.
    Cost: $100 deducted from your expired travel funds. So, for me, I would get a $50 voucher. Not the best situation, but I consider a $100 loss to be better than a $150 loss."

4. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mine went up $167!n WTF? ugh...

5. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I was trying to book a flight a couldn't find my credit, come to find out it expired on March 4th, thought it was a year after flight but it's 1 year from booking. Sadly mine was also under $100 so they said its nothing they could do for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.