1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest changing flights/early bird

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Candy Apple, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be changing my dates once again. The new flight is cheaper and will result in a large credit but I won't be flying again within the time allowed to use it. When I call to change flights will they let me use part of the credit for early bird check-in or is that excluded from any credit?

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's an awesome question. If nobody has the answer please let us know what they tell you. I'd like to know the answer to that for future reference.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must use a credit card for Early Bird, so no, your credits can't be applied. If you do purchase EB and change flights again, the EB will transfer to the new flight. You don't lose it. But, credits are only good for flight travel.
    Also, I'm sure you know this but you're talking about calling them to change flights. It's quite easy to do it online. Just log-in to your account, change flight and have your confirmation number available. Then just pick your new dates.

Christmas
  4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Joe. I prefer calling to make sure everything goes smoothly, that I don't find out the new flight I want is sold out and then I've already cancelled my old one.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, but you don't need to cancel the old one before booking the new one. You are just changing flights and have the option before the end process to change your mind. If it allows you to choose, then seats are available.

If there are no seats available, the flight won't show up, or only the more expensive seats will be there as an option. But, whatever you are comfortable with.

EDIT: When I said your Early Bird would transfer to another flight if you changed again, that is true, but the change has to be over ~36 hours before the new flight time.

Christmas
  6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that "greater than" or "less than" 36 hours?

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to be booking the change more than 36 hours ahead of the new flight for them to honor your EB. For example, you decide to stay one day longer the day before your flight because you hit the big one that day. :thumbsup:

You can still do a flight change the day of, but your Early Boarding may not be honored because they are issued 36 hours ahead of the flight. Can't have two A25s etc

But still, we're only talking $10 pp and worse case scenario is you have to board in C and end up in a middle seat, in the back next to the bathrooms.:nono:

Christmas
  8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I called to change my flight I was told since I booked it online I had to do the change online....it went VERY smooth.

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I have another issue. See new thread-lol.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.