1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest and bad weather

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by saintpauljeff, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So i'm scheduled to fly Southwest on Wed night with a Denver stop. Looks like a storm is hitting the area this week... How flexible is SWA with flight changes due to bad weather? In other words, if I was proactive, would they change my flight to an earlier one in the day if I asked? I've had Denver weather issues before- stuck there one night, slept 2 hours in a $70 hotel room, and then was on the first available Vegas flight the next morning...don't want that again (i'm not a morning person)

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They definitely have a policy in place to change flight days and times to avoid weather related delays. Call and ask:poke:

Christmas
  3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out; they allow you to change it directly on the website

4. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might be a good idea to call the morning of departure or the evening before and ask them about cancelations and delays and if they can re-route you so you dont have to go thru denver. Sometimes they are willing to re-route because its one less passanger to have to try to get on a plane later when flights are cancelled or delayed to weather.

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like i'm allowed to pick another flight within a window of dates. So yes, I'll be selecting something that doesn't involve Denver. Not only that, but they allow you to change both flights. I'll also be able to get out of my 6:30am return. Talk about a win...thanks Denver weather? Yeah!

6. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest is the best!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.