1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Airlines Wi Fi

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ChecknPlay, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used it? I know it's $5 per flight and it is available on about 70% of their planes at the present with the goal of 100% by early 2013. If you have used it, was it quick enough and how long into the flight was it that it became available?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it on a trip from LV to Ohio, it worked fine, I just used it on my Iphone to send emails and what not and for a little bit of surfing, no serious business stuff. It was available after we leveled out, pretty quickly.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used 6-7 times... they make the announcement once you hit 10,000 ft and it becomes available shortly thereafter. It's easy to sign on and plenty fast and reliable. I have A-List Preferred status, so the $5 fee is waived. Most of my flights are Reno/Vegas are super short and don't think I'd spend the $5 for that, but for longer flights, it's a great asset.

4. kellyols

kellyols Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sure hope my flight has that, Buffalo to Vegas its a bit of a trip. Going August 30-Sept 3rd. :beer:

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had the option on over a dozen flights in the last 2+ years, from Milwaukee to Las Vegas, non stop.
    Probably wouldn't use it since we just watch movies off the laptop, but it was never available on those flights.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.