1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Airlines Packages - resort fees?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bigalbr, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at SWA flights and decided to check out their vacation packages since I will not be doing enough gambling that isn't poker to get any comps. I don't see any mention of resort fees anywhere in the SWA package information. Is the SWA package inclusive of all fees, or do they charge the resort fee at check-in?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will still be responsible for resort fees.

3. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you find a good flight + hotel package always go to hotel website and see what they are offering for same dates!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've considered this as well in the past, but it's always been pretty much the same price or cheaper just to get the two seperately (these days I get comped more, so I haven't looked into it recently).

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The longer and the more you work at it the better you get at searching. First, although a few times SWV packages were a bit cheaper, they lock you in. I have mostly done better booking hotel and flights separately, free to rebook if prices drop. Also there is a difference in price sometimes when you book your flight and hit "Add Hotel" at Southwest, so check that out too.

If you find a good package, you can check the hotel rates online but call reservations as well. Often they have a better price or will match a price, and sometimes it is even cheaper. I have even found that calling the hotel different shifts may make a difference. Happy hunting......the hunt can be as much fun as the kill!

Jimbo338

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure nobody includes resort fee in the upfront cost.

You will pay later.

NOW I AM BEGGING -

please do not turn this into a resort fee popcorn fest. There are other places to beat this dead horse to death, again.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Omg resort fees?! what a rip off I'll never stay anywhere that charges that shit! I can't believe anyone stays anywhere that does that. It's a crime against humanity!

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the best deals are usually found booking direct or with a smartervegas code. Also alot easier to change dates.

9. Steran12

Steran12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP is clearly doing price comparisons and not complaining about resort fees. Your obvious sarcasm is not necessary on this thread.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter was playing off of the post immediately above his. Which should be obvious.

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped using SW Vacations because I could never seem to get my mileage points after taking the flights....The last time I FOUGHT LONG AND HARD for those points to finally get them...but then they only gave me the points to Vegas and NEVER received the points for our return flight.

So if you do the SWV instead of SWA just watch to make sure you get your mileage fight points.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other disadvantage of using SW packages is trying to make flight changes. For the same reason most people do not book RT, but instead book two one-way. If you need to cancel one, the other is still booked at the original rate.

(and, yes, I am positive Shifters comments were tongue in cheek..not sure which cheek, but.....)

13. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wanted to book through SW Vacations however every single time I look, its much cheaper to book the room and air separate. Here is how I think about it:

For instance lets say I book a 4 night package with flight/air and stay at the Flamingo for $500 each for 2 people so $1000. Then I check and see the flight alone is $300 so $600 as a couple. That gives me $400 to spend on the hotel at which you can get the Flamingo for way way way cheaper then $400 for 4 nights. Or you can get a much nicer hotel for $400 as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.