1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest $214

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kel3420, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning a trip to Vegas for sure in Oct but would like to get there sooner, so I've been playing around with airfares. I can leave out of Ohare, Milwaukee or Rockford. I love Southwest, so that's always my first choice. While looking at flights, I pull up the rates for a full month instead of specific dates. $214 is the rate for one way out of Milwaukee and return for almost every day from now until the end of September. Weirdest thing I have ever seen and it hasn't changed in over a week

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patience grasshopper, I have seen the same thing from my favorite airports for SW to LAS. My favorites are Manchester NH and Hartford CT...I have seen times where the prices are all the same (high) and I swear they will never go down. You do have plenty of time and a sale for your airport will eventually come. I had to wait 3+ weeks to book the seniors coming with us this trip. When they decided to come with us this trip the prices were high and took forever to change. When you are chomping at the bit to book is always when no sales pertaining to you are going on. My brother wants me to take him to Vegas in September ( his first time). The nonstop out of BDL has been stuck at $239 each way for 3 weeks now. I know a sale will eventually come.

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost spit my coffee out..."patience grasshopper". Not one of my good traits :)

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked SWA Oct 16-21 back in the first week of March. $204.50 ea way from MKE, non-stop.

Not a bargain, but I can always rebook if it drops.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my May trip at $185 each way. That is twice as much as the one day sale we took advantage of in January.

The very next day, I received an E-mail for 20% off. I checked the site and found I would save $36. 20% my @$$. I decided not to bite, but to wait.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The trick is to be flexible. If you can go on any day, then look for tues,wed and sat. If you can leave at the less popular times like 6 am or return at midnight, consider. My preference from the east coast is to arrive early in the day. Then you can check in, unpack, get settled, dine and perhaps take a nap. You still have the rest of the day. However, if I have a great deal at a hotel, I might opt to check in late in the day and pay for an extra night if I get a greater savings on a flight that arrives in the evening.

I had to cancel my january trip but after 3 flight reductions the trip would have been $225. RT from NH. Original flight was $363 which wasn't bad. In the future I am going to try for 2 trips a year so if I have credits I will just apply them to my next trip and I won't have to worry about them expiring on me. People here are pretty good about posting reduced flight prices. I have been lucky booking late at night esp. sunday but it has been different for othere so the thing is to check several times a day.....every day if you can.

Jimbo338

7. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. I am always flexible. However, the least expensive flight is 214 for every day, every flight. I do a lot of airline research and haven't seen this on southwest. Whoever is in charge of pricing is apparently on vacation, lol :peace:

But, I am a LONG way out for the scheduled trip in oct. I would even tell people to not even look at airfares till two months out. I was just hoping to find a reasonable flight anytime between now and oct to entice hubbie into going sooner, lol.

8. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to say - I'm not a dr, I don't have patience... lol
    Flying out of midway in september there is a webdeal 162 one way. Not sure if that's the norm or if it will go lower. Rockford only has Allegiant to get to Vegas. Right now they are 129-159ish.. and some are 179 one way. Problem for me with them is they only have 1 flight and it doesn't get into Vegas until 10pm.. midnight our time and way past my bedtime. LOL
    We are going to go the SWA route, because after adding baggage fees on Allegiant of 50 each one way, it comes out about even and I can get there before the end of the day Sunday. (well that's 1 reason of many). I'm in Rockford, and will take the bus to Midway.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.