1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southpoint Stay

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jjway2goofy, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken, the difference is about $10 per night to get a higher floor. This buys you a non parking garage view.

Sidenote: If you see a guy who looks like my avatar sitting at the machines, say hello, I'll be there at the same time as you. I do have much longer hair now though.

No reason to go home yet.
  2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, when I was there earlier this month, we were assigned a fifth-floor room originally. I called the desk and asked about our upgrade options. $10 more per night got us a 20th-floor room that was otherwise identical. $50 more a night would have landed us a Junior One Bedroom Suite.

However, I seem to recall when I made the reservation online, after going through the whole process, there was a pop-up type offer that gave me some sort of upgrade options that I remember as being less expensive than $10/nt., so you might do that if you get the same offer.

3. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JPW

Looks like you will be arriving the day we leave. Don't worry I'll ask them to re-stock the bar!!

We're Goin' Dammit
  4. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!:beer: Make sure they restock the cage with money too!

No reason to go home yet.
  5. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    justdeb:

Southpoint has three "levels" of standard rooms. The rooms are identical except for the views. The lowest priced rooms are on the lowest 10 floors. If you get stuck on anything below about the fifth floor, your view will be the wall of the parking garage. The mid-priced rooms have nice views, but of course the higher the better. The highest price rooms get you up a little further, but in my opinion don't offer that much better a view than the mid levels.

When we stayed there we simply asked for the highest available floor, and they put us on the 20th. We did not pay for an upgrade.

If the hotel is not overly busy on the dates of your stay, I think you'll have an excellent chance of getting a nice view without paying extra. Tell the desk clerk it's your first trip to Las Vegas, or it's your Anniversary, or your Birthday.

And don't forget the duct tape!

John

6. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ooh thanks for the info about telling them its our anniversary etc. can't hurt to try.

also, @jpw, i'll keep a look out for ya :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.