1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Vegas Premium Outlets ??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Bettyboop66, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I will be in Vegas in a few weeks and we're thinking of spending a few hours here shopping. How are these outlets? We've been to the north outlets before but thought we'd give these a try. Thanks!!

2. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like the south outlet and have a good experience there several times. When I visit I do both, sometimes you just hit on the right items in the right shop. Definitely worth a visit though. If you've got a daily bus pass you can use that, but it is not direct as ai recall, I'm sure I had to change buses on the return journey when i use the bus in 2013. There were a few of us last year so we took a taxi.

3. cmasia

cmasia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of things:

The South Outlets are almost entirely indoors, as opposed to the North Outlets. So, it's a bit more comfortable to navigate than the outdoor North Outlets.

Also, if you're heading down there, try to do it on a Monday evening. Then, around 8:00 or 8:30 do yourself a favor and walk across the street to the south of the outlets ( E. Robindale ) and enjoy a terrific evening of food and music at the Bootlegger Bistro.

It's an excellent Italian restaurant, and Monday's entertainment features an open mic nite hosted by Kelly Clinton.
    No, it's not karaoke.
    It's a varied gathering of top Vegas musicians who pop by for a song or two. From 9:00 to 11:30, it's the best entertainment in town.

http://vegasseven.com/2015/04/08/belly-bootlegger-bistro/

4. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick replies, I will try and make it work for going on Monday.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to both several times and find the north outlets much much better, both for store variety and selection. Both times I've been to the south outlet I've had trouble getting styles in my size (small/medium) and have often had to take the bus ALL THE WAY UP to the north. Makes for a longggg trip (though I refuse to take the bus anywhere anymore in Vegas). The North has a lot of stores the south doesn't have. Plus I like the outdoor design better.

But to each there own and I definitely recommend checking out the south outlet at least once to see if it's for you.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More name brands on the north, but the south has a good selection of shoe shops, mostly toward the north side. South is more comfortable in the hot weather due to the enclosure.

I second the recommendation of the Bootlegger.

7. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!!

8. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if you have a lot of energy, Town Square, on the west side of the road, on the way to the Mall is an interesting group of shops and Restaurants.

9. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've told my husband about this place, we're going to stop by there also. We've been wanting to go for a while just never seem to make it. Thanks

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the south outlet better than the north outlet. The north outlet has most of the name brand outlets that I see in many cities, including Honolulu. The south outlet has a collection of name brand and other outlet stores.

As others have mentioned, I like the parking situation and shopping situation at the south outlet, I find parking easier at the south outlet and I like it that I don't have to worry about the weather or time of year since the south outlet is mostly enclosed. The north outlet is too hot during the summer, cold during the winter and if it is rainy you may get wet just going from store to store.

One other thing, I notice that there is more store turnover at the south outlet so I usually see more store openings and sales because of store closings over there. Not sure, guess it's because they have other stores or small outlet stores there. At the north outlet I don't remember seeing much store turnover so I don't see too many big sales because of store openings or closings.

I always make it a point to visit the south outlet mall but I haven't visited the north outlet mall since they renovated, in fact I hardly visit the north mall even though I stay downtown. But that is just me I guess.

11. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we rent a car for a day or 2 we always make a stop at the south outlet mall, mostly at my wife's insistence, but i always use the occasion to buy a new pair of New Balance;) walking shoes and a visit to the store at the very end(can't remember the name) that sells cheap Lee jeans for $20. This is the extent of my shopping in Vegas other than a few souvenier items.:blah:

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree that the parking is much better at the south outlet.

13. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, this really helps. We won't have to worry about parking, we will be taking the bus. We don't like to rent a car in Vegas because neither one of us wants to be the designated driver:drunk:. Thanks again for all the helpful information:thumbsup:

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, many of the women I know like the north outlet mall more. They like the regular big name stores like Nike, adidas, Puma, polo, Bally's, etc. While the south outlet mall has many of those outlet stores I think that the north mall has more of the "name" brand stores.

I don't know, I'm more of a south outlet mall type but whatever floats your boat. You can probably check out their web sites to see which ones have the better stores for you.