1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point Room comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by CaptCampion, Jul 28, 2016.

1. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted this in another thread in a different part of this forum, but I do have a question related to it that might be more appropriate here. What's a good gift for a host who has gone out of her way to accommodate you. What she gave me was pretty exceptional (below)

----------------
    My wife is going to a convention the 2nd week of August, and I agreed to go because hey it's in Vegas and I can get free rooms. So I booked a regular free room at Southpoint but when I booked it I mentioned that I might have a few convention people over the first night for a "meet and greet" sort of thing with people my wife knows. I asked if it would be possible to get the 1500sqft 2 bedroom suite I'd stayed in before, for one night and then a regular room for the other three nights. That way there'd be enough room to host people.

She said, actually I'll just give you that suite for the 4 nights.

So today I send a note and reminded her that we'd be having 10-12 people over that first night.

She said, well with that many people it might just be easier to put you in the 2500sqft luxury suite for all 4 nights.

Ok :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best gift you can give your host is lots of gambling action.

• Like Like x 1
  3. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your 25k bankroll

Once again
  4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your play during you stay is not enough to cover your room, your host will kill you.

5. CaptCampion

CaptCampion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hardly. Remember, this all started with me just getting a regular comped room (which, given my play, is perfectly reasonable). I asked to have one of the smaller suites for one night so we could host a few people. She offered both of the upgrades from that point on

C