1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by schwaiguy, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked out of SOuth Point, and had some problems with my 3-day stay.

One of the reasons we stuck with SOuth Point was because of the Taiwanese TV channel. The sound was out. For 3 days they didn't fix it. BUt, it gets worse. One guy came up to fix it. HE told us that the tv channel we've regularly watched 3-4 weeks per year for the past 3-4 years did not have sound, and that it would hbe fixed by tomnorrow morning. Never fixed, buyt obviously, they senjt someone else up the next day. The tv was but not fixed. Also, 4 free drink coupons were missing (I'm not a big drinker so not a big deal) and 2 calls were made from my room for which I was billed.

Came back last night and the bathroom lights did not work, but the lightswitch was in the ON position. Someone blew a fuse and just left.

This is the first time I've had a problem here that did not involve the buffet.

We're going to the Palazzo (Priceline) to finish the trip.

Schwaiguy

2. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure your stay at Palazzo will be great. Don't let south point get you down.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. luvvp

luvvp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love South Point. I just did a week there. I'm sorry you had problems.

I had a circuit breaker problem as well but housekeeping took care of it.

You're talking two completely different type of properties. I hope you enjoy your stay at Palazzo.

4. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Palazzo was nice. The room was big and beautiful. Maybe the nicest I've ever been in. I will always love the Palazzo as a hang out, though. I was actually shooting for the Wynn, because 3 days before me someone pricelined a room there with the same bid for which I won the Palazzo.

But, I question the 5 stars. The gym facilities are not that great. Extra fees for hot tub/jacuzzi. I did not like the 11AM check out.

Actually, if I get the job I interviewed for, I will stay at SouthPoint until I find an apartment. It's just coomfortable for the right price. (I even have a problem with their elliptical trainers. I guess, the gym I regularly go to has really quality equipment.) TV will not be an issue. The jacuzzi aways refreshes my feet in the morning.

It's just crazy that the airport hyatt in ABQ is in many ways as nice some of these higher end properties. I can priceline that for $38 in the Winter.

Schwaiguy

5. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    towels

BTW--South Point killed Palazzo on linens--specifically towels. Palazzo only had 3 bath towels and 2 hand towels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.