1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

sometimes people go out of their way to be amazing...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by lionelhutz, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last night Mrs Hutz and I went to a benefit gala to raise funds for the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research Canada (Prader-Willi is a malformation of a specific chromosone, which cause insatiable hunger, along with developmental delays, and is a cause that is very dear to our heart as my wife's cousin, a sweet little girl aged 4, suffers from it).

There was both a silent auction and a live auction, with a bunch of awesome prizes. One of the live auction prizes was a trip to Pittsburgh with premium tickets to a Steelers game, passes to go onto the field at Heinz Field, and a parking pass to park in the stadium. Besides my wife and family, there is nothing in the world I love more than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    We are not rich people, and we both work two jobs to ensure that the bills are paid. I did my best to make some bids on the prize, but as the bids went into the thousands, there was no way that we could afford that. To say I was disappointed is a great understatement.

As the bidding finished I got waved over to another table, where a friend of the family (and fantastically good guy) was sitting. I didn't realize that he had joined in the bidding as well. Turns out, we was bidding on my behalf once he'd seen that I had stopped. He was happy enough to ensure that more money was donated to the foundation, and he wanted to ensure that I got the tickets, no matter the cost. I tried to convince him to at least let me pay for half or something, but he refused

I was blown away by his kindness and generosity, and I still can't believe that I'm going to be able to have this amazing experience. Life can bring you down sometimes, but the kindness of people can certainly shine a light.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good things happen to those who walk the path of righteousness. Congratulations on the tickets and for having good friends and family around you.

3. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is pretty amazing. Have a wonderful time.

4. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When one is given such a blessing, it is almost unbelievable.....so glad that it hap[ened to you.

5. Geogran

Geogran Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double Blessings to your friend for his gifts from the heart to the foundation and to you.
    Paying it forward....

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is quite a friend! Enjoy, I just hope it's not a Steelers/Packers home game.

April, just because it's a tradition
  7. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool story! I bet your friend feels better about it than you do!

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live in a relatively small town, with any number of big needs. Barely a week goes by when there isn't some fundraiser/event small or larger. In a world too often given over to pettiness, the soundbite and I-got-mine, it is warming to see folks grab an oar and put some back into it.

Thanks for sharing your story!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.