1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

sometimes people go out of their way to be amazing...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by lionelhutz, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last night Mrs Hutz and I went to a benefit gala to raise funds for the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research Canada (Prader-Willi is a malformation of a specific chromosone, which cause insatiable hunger, along with developmental delays, and is a cause that is very dear to our heart as my wife's cousin, a sweet little girl aged 4, suffers from it).

There was both a silent auction and a live auction, with a bunch of awesome prizes. One of the live auction prizes was a trip to Pittsburgh with premium tickets to a Steelers game, passes to go onto the field at Heinz Field, and a parking pass to park in the stadium. Besides my wife and family, there is nothing in the world I love more than the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    We are not rich people, and we both work two jobs to ensure that the bills are paid. I did my best to make some bids on the prize, but as the bids went into the thousands, there was no way that we could afford that. To say I was disappointed is a great understatement.

As the bidding finished I got waved over to another table, where a friend of the family (and fantastically good guy) was sitting. I didn't realize that he had joined in the bidding as well. Turns out, we was bidding on my behalf once he'd seen that I had stopped. He was happy enough to ensure that more money was donated to the foundation, and he wanted to ensure that I got the tickets, no matter the cost. I tried to convince him to at least let me pay for half or something, but he refused

I was blown away by his kindness and generosity, and I still can't believe that I'm going to be able to have this amazing experience. Life can bring you down sometimes, but the kindness of people can certainly shine a light.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good things happen to those who walk the path of righteousness. Congratulations on the tickets and for having good friends and family around you.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is pretty amazing. Have a wonderful time.

4. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When one is given such a blessing, it is almost unbelievable.....so glad that it hap[ened to you.

5. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double Blessings to your friend for his gifts from the heart to the foundation and to you.
    Paying it forward....

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is quite a friend! Enjoy, I just hope it's not a Steelers/Packers home game.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  7. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool story! I bet your friend feels better about it than you do!

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

We live in a relatively small town, with any number of big needs. Barely a week goes by when there isn't some fundraiser/event small or larger. In a world too often given over to pettiness, the soundbite and I-got-mine, it is warming to see folks grab an oar and put some back into it.

Thanks for sharing your story!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.