1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Some (admittedly pretty basic) questions...

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sim182, Aug 8, 2016.

1. sim182

sim182 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys - bit of a MyVegas novice here, looking for some advice on an upcoming Vegas trip.

We're heading to Vegas in December for the first time, and I've been steadily accruing some MyVegas LP having read the recommendations on here - I'm currently at around 50k. In addition to spending around 10k on a Cirque companion ticket, I'm probably going to go mainly for buffet comps - am I right in thinking that the reason a buffet pass is so much more expensive than a 2-4-1 buffet pass is simply because the normal pass is a freebie, whereas a 2-4-1 pass requires an actual spend? There's two of us on the trip, so I'm presuming we'd be better off going for the 2-4-1 passes?

When something states that a 1 night stay at an MGM property is required, does that have to be a night that's booked through MyVegas? I'm presuming not, and we're already staying at the ARIA, so we'll qualify for those rewards?

Another thing I noticed that didn't quite make sense was some rewards are more than double for a 2 person ticket - for example the Siegfried and Roy tickets at the Mirage are 25k for a single ticket, and 72k for a 2 person ticket - can you not just buy 2 single tickets?

Finally (for now!), the "3 redemptions in any 30 day period" thing - how does that work? If I go for the buffet passes, I get 90 days to redeem them - does this mean (for example) that I can order 3 buffet passes 60 days before I go, accrue some more points, order another 3 passes 30 days later, and then redeem them all when I get to Vegas? Or do the 3 redemptions count when I'm in Vegas and actually get the rewards added to my Mlife account, and as such I'll only be able to use 3 rewards?

Hopefully that all makes sense - thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Marilynfan

Marilynfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Yes, the free buffet pass is more expensive because there is no spend required. If you are going to be buying a buffet pass anyways you are better off using less LPs and doing the BOGO. Better yet have your travel partner play as well and then each of you can redeem a free buffet.

2. The 1 night MGM property stay does not have to be booked through MyVegas so you are fine with your current reservation at Aria.

3. There is a premium on rewards that contain 2 of something (2 tickets, 2 buffets, etc). Since you only have to use up 1 reward for it they jack up the LPs. You can't buy single tickets for anyone else unless you are doing a BOGO. The rewards have to be used by you. Also, the system won't allow you to book multiples of the same reward anyway. It is limited to 1 per person per batch if they update the terms/LPS for a reward it comes back as a new batch and you will be allowed to buy it again.

4. The 3 in 30 days counts when you actually consume your room/buffet/show in Vegas. You can only use 3 rewards on your trip. That is why is it helpful to have a travel partner who also has 3 rewards.

Hope that helps.

3. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mari nailed it. You only get to use 3 rewards so choose wisely. Have your partner play and then your partner can use 3 and you can use 3 thus having 6 on tap.

4. sim182

sim182 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies guys - everything makes sense now!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016