1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots play vs. Craps play

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Electroguy563, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe's thread about the Redwood Grill's price increases at the Cal Downtown has me thinking if I qualify like him for a comp to this place.

My brother-in-law plays quarter slots and has been known to play in excess of 6 hrs at a time, maybe more in a day. I on the other hand average 3 sessions of craps play a day, average about 3 to 4 hrs a session and average $64.00 a hand.

He gets around $100.00 comp for the Redwood when he asks at the Emerald desk. Do you think I would be able to get one too based on my craps play?

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  2. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on how you bet the $64. What is the pass/don't , what do you bet on numbers. Most places won't rate odds bets.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Table comps are a bit of a crapshoot so to speak especially craps. PB's aren't always 100% accurate tracking your play. Make some higher bets initially when the PB is putting you into the system.

4. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll likely get more comps than him.

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One time they had a shift change at the box. I kept playing, after being there roughly three hours. The new box guy starts looking at me and his computer screen. Again and again. After a while he says "Sir, I don't think I have you on my computer". After a lot of WTF's and the dealers backing my story that I was playing for over 3 hours he told me "No worries, sir, I'll take care of it".

Makes me wonder how many times this happened, to me or anybody else....

And by the way, I shot an e-mail to the Cal describing the incident and complained, for whatever worth that made, probably nothing, LOL!!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many craps players switch tables or even go from one end of a table to the other and sometimes the PB will lose track of you. I make a point of saying something when I switch. And shift changes can also cause them to lose track of you.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope.
    Downtown Boyd doesn't value craps play at all.
    If you are there for the 20x odds, don't even bother throwing in your card, as you're only getting rated for 2x odds.
    Even tipping doesn't help, as the last time I was there, I was playing pass with 345x odds, and $12 6&8, and asked for a meal comp to the buffet after an hour of play, and was denied...

Palace Tower Suite!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.