1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Slot money / time ratio

Discussion in 'Slots' started by JerryVO, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryVO

    JerryVO Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    Messages:
    108
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    3
    Assuming scalability is equil, meaning $1000 @ 10 per spin = 100 spins is no different than $100 @ $1 also = 100 spins at similar payback percentages, if I want to play slots for x hours what percentage of my money in should I play per spin.

    In other words if I want to play a machine for 1 hour at $1 per spin what should my starting coin in be so I can comfortably play without busting totally during the ups and down of play but not just dump in the whole bankroll.

    Hopefully that made a little bit of sense.
     
  2. Snidely

    Snidely VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1,976
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
  3. JerryVO

    JerryVO Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    Messages:
    108
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    3
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!
     
  4. Snidely

    Snidely VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1,976
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    I can't vouch for the accuracy of those numbers. $150 seems a little low to me for the $1 slots. I assume that's playing only $1 at a time.
     
  5. tringlomane

    tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    9,890
    Location:
    Missouri
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    15
    You're right, that would be just $1 at a time. The website suggests "150 bets" for 3 hours at dollar-level slots, fwiw.
     
  6. nostresshere

    nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,119
    Location:
    TN
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    19
    All these numbers are just statistics.

    You can EASILY play $1000 at $1 a spin or $10 a spin and get zero wins, meaning your time to play is low. You could also play the same amount(s) and play for hours. There is no real number in real play that you can expect.

    For example, recently at a casino, I was playing a bank of machines $10-$20 a spin. In the first half hour I had 4 hand pays,total over $10k. The next night, I blew through everything in under an hour. Went and got another $1,000 from ATM. Gone in 20 minutes.

    Read the statistic tables all you want. They only work over the long run.
     
  7. ruralhipster

    ruralhipster Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    Messages:
    428
    Location:
    Alberta Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    With modern penny slots with bonus rounds causing higher variance and paybacks in the 90 percent range I think that you could find that even at 80 cents a spin you can easily do about 500 dollars coin in an hour. which in variance free slot would return 450 dollars so 150 for 3 hours sounds do-able. My real world experience is that in after an hour I would have somewhere between 100 and 800 left on me. If you change machines after every 5 or 10 dollars lost I would bet you could keep playoing around a dollar a spin for around 50-100 dollars an hour.
     
  8. Snidely

    Snidely VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1,976
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    The risk of ruin math is likely set up to with a 5% chance of ruin. In other words, you won't lose your bankroll 95% of the time if your bankroll is 150 x your bet on each spin. The variance is critical to calculate the risk of ruin. You'll need more money in a high variance game to avoid ruin.
     
  9. chonglosaxon

    chonglosaxon MIA

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2013
    Messages:
    486
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    40
    Not trying to be a butt but it's like asking:

    How long will my car last?
    How far will this tank of gas get me?

    They are many variables and as mentioned ad nauseum in this thread, you are at the mercy of variance in a negative expectation game.
     
  10. mdee

    mdee VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    1,371
    Location:
    Orlando
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    28
    Are you just wanting to just pass the time or are you trying to win? I usually seek out machines with large Progressives and always play Max Bet.
    On a $1 Machine the Max bet average is $5 but you can still find some out there for around $3 but they will be Single Line pay not Multi Line pay.
     
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.