1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slight change of plans?!?!?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

We're at T-10, and a curveball got to thrown into our plans. One of my gang may not be able to join us next weekend, due to health issues with his girlfriend--she may have to have a radiation treatment next Friday :(

Anyhow, they're working on scheduling, but he (Ed W, for those of you familiar with my trip reports) said he's about 90% sure he won't be able to make the trip with us--but he should know in a day or two. This is a total bummer, and to add insult to injury, both our rooms at the Monte Carlo are reserved under his name.

Well, when this issue first arose last week, I jumped in and made a reservation at the MC under my name, thinking that one of us would cancel, however, the price has gone up, and now a room for the 3 nights is running about $480.

So I was talking to Eddie today, and if Ed W finds out that he can't go, it looks like we may end up back at the old reliable LV Club downtown. North Tower rooms are just $200 if we reserve it 'honestly' and tell 'em about the third person in the room...even less if Derek doesn't get a key :rolleyes:

Don't know which way it's gonna happen--I *hope* Ed manages to be there and we pay the higher prices at the Monte Carlo. Otherwise, we'll go cheap and Derek gets the rollaway at the LV Club.

See ya'll next weekend!

Mikey

2. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Hey Man,

Just did a quick travelaxe search and found these for Thurs/Fri/Sat:

Tropicana: $355 (you Know you can fun at the Trop)

Barbary Coast: $392

IP (I know, I know): $211

or what about an adventurous trip to no-man's land?

Sahara: $194
    Stardust: $207

Sorry to hear about your friend's girlfriend... that sucks.

T.

3. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Club is 106.49 for thurs/fri/sat via Travelaxe...

Bazootch

[ July 14, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: bazootch ]

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey--just last night we were contemplating switching to Golden Nugget--it's about $150 less (overall) than our Mirage reservation. We figure we haven't stayed off-strip yet, and our trip in October will likely be on the Strip since we're going with other people.....

5. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the GN yesterday--they were sold out.

Mikey

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah--the GN website is sold out but still available from consolidators--like Sonya's booking site, which has it for $257 (I can't remember if that's with tax or not....)

I might try Priceline (5* on the Strip or 4* downtown) but since the prices seem high and many places seem to be sold out already for that weekend (why??) I doubt I'd be able to get a bargain on PL.....

7. Woodsy

Woodsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't Ed W just call up and change the name that the reservation is under? Then you still get the same deal at MC.

8. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. Ya gotta show the credit card it was made under, too.

Mikey

9. rugbysteve

rugbysteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy Dug got married in Vegas a few years ago.. I had some status at the stardust (don't ask).. I gave dug my Credit card and my license... (he is bald.. I am not) and he checked in as me.. lady didn't give it a 2nd look. the room was like $19/night for 4 nights... so I just told him I'd pay for it anyway. Not sure if your boy is comfortable doing that.. but it can be done.

rugbysteve

10. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, Steve, no need...

Yeah, I am bald, Ed is almost there, but I am fat, he is not :D

It's a moot point now. I made reservations at the LV Club about an hour ago. Couldn't get an MVP room or even North Tower, but they said we may be able to change up if there is a cancellation. It's all guys, so nobody cares that we're in the South Tower--besides, they told me that all the carpet, drapes, and bedding is less than 3 years old in there, anyways.

So, we're back downtown for sure now. Ed said he was about 99.99% sure he wouldn't be there and told me to go ahead and get a room. So we did. Derek gets the rollaway and a key--we told 'em there would be 3 of us. ;) Good Karma and all...

Anyhow, if it turns out that Ed is able to go, he already said he'd take the floor. So instead of $180pp at the Monte Carlo, we're sitting at around $68 per downtown. More Vegas Fundage!!! [​IMG]

Mikey

11. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Mikey,

One of my buddies just got back from LV, and said it was "Stupid Hot"...like 118, so you might want to factor in reliability/quality of A/C into your room decision. I've been in rooms that would only get so cool, and that is not optimal if it is really bakin' out. For a little extra jack, you can end up being Much more comfortable. I know this is not a big news flash for you, but sometimes it's good to have one of your Boys point out the obvious...knowwhutImean?

12. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Terry...

I know what ya mean, but in all my visits to Vegas--including the two in the middle of last summer (June AND July), the LV Club is ALWAYS an ice-box. Seriously, my drinks don't get watery there. Some say it's cuz I drink 'em too fast. I like to believe that it's because it's so darn cold in there. ;)

Mikey [​IMG]

[ July 15, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: HurricaneMikey ]

13. rugbysteve

rugbysteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Mickey... no better place to keep cool then right across the street at La Bayou... ice cold frozen drinks with an extra shot of grain alcohol... hell, once you get on the grain train... it's a long cool ride..... I even convinced the wife to stay downtown (the nugget)for our first 2 nights.. before we head to the strip for the remaining 4 nights.... gotta love it !!!!

14. -KorkedBatz-

-KorkedBatz- Tourist

Wise man say...the only way to cool down when its 110+ is to drink your beer faster. Always seems to work......

15. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like your trip plans have re-jelled - good work! I hope Ed's girlfriend is ok, though... that radiation stuff is bad news.

Kitty

16. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey, did you just go through the normal reservation line or do you have a contact at LVC?

17. HurricaneMikey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, Doc...I'm ashamed to admit it...I have no contact person there at the LV Club. After all the times we've been there and all the gambling I've done there in the past 2 or 3 years, I still have no slot card. I only have Binions (which is very useful), and the Imperial Palace (which hasn't impressed me with their comps). So, I'm an idiot. I'm signing up first thing when I get there next Thursday.

I just called their 800 number and made reservations this morning. Although, when I gave her my name, she recognized it--or she was a pretty good actress--I started to spell it out (nobody EVER gets it right), and she said "I remember how to spell it". So at least the girl at the rez desk remembers me... :rolleyes: (I'm sure a few of the cocktail waitresses remember me too! ;) )

Mikey

18. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey...I'll go with ya!!!!! TEEHEE!!! Just don't tell the hubby. Hope you have a great time!!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.