1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sleuthing Price Hikes in Hotel Prices for Oct 19-25

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tecopa, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecopa

tecopa Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am taking a trip to Southern Nevada in October and have high flexibility on when and where I stay. All I have booked so far is the flight (which locks in the general date window) and I'm currently down for a suite at Golden Gate for the last week of October. The second to last week I plan to stay elsewhere to explore the desert and recreational areas - Laughlin, Needles, Primm, maybe even Arizona, whatever - it's unstructured time and will probably come down to which place has the best accessibility for destinations southwest, south, east and north of Las Vegas that I would like to see. The question though is about Las Vegas hotel pricing in that second to last week even though I have no plans to stay there that week - all the rooms are bumped by roughly 50 percent over the following week, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I checked vegasmeansbusiness and saw a few conventions but nothing huge like SEMA or CES; I tried looking for events (the weekend of 9/12 is pricey since that's the odds-on but yet unannounced date of Mayweather's next fight), but came up with little to nothing. The hotel sites are good about making it impossible to do any kind of trend research on hotel pricing. I tried looking for some detail on hotel pricing trends but mostly what I found was "duh" responses like "supply and demand," "big conventions," etc. I know that events like music festivals and such are a little harder to research (than, say prize fights or big conventions), particularly when you get up there in years and are fairly indifferent to pop culture. I'd really like to know what is going on in Las Vegas that week (Oct 19-25) to drive up the prices and, more generally, any resources for when this question comes up other than the ones I use (LVRJ, Sun, vegas.com, etc.), from which I get mixed results.

2. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.