1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Skirting the one-night stay rule.....?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kramer99, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kramer99

kramer99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won’t be staying at an MGM property and would like to still use rewards that require a one night stay.

My plan is to buy a one-night stay at Excalibur (I have plenty of LP points so I’m not too concerned with wasting them on a hotel night I won’t use). I’ll have the reservation confirmation number from this and will use to claim any reward (specifically looking at MC $50 and NYNY Dueling Piano $50 if I can actually get them) that needs a one night minimum room stat at an MGM property. I wouldn't plan on checking-in for the hotel stay so I wouldn't have to pay the resort fee.

Do you see any issues with this working?

As a side question, do the rewards have to be claimed at the Mlife desk of the property the reward is for, or can you claim it from any Mlife desk?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to book the reward on the day that you are staying.

It is possible that you may be denied, but you can just have them refunded.

Worst case . . . you don't get the reward . . or, you have to book the room and pay the resort fee.

So it's whether or not the $25-30 resort fee if worth the rewards that you'd be getting.

3. kramer99

kramer99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying at another resort Fri-Mon. I would be booking Excalibur/Luxor/whatever is cheapest in LPs for Friday night.

The guess the more I think about it, the more I think it couldn't be denied. I'll have the reservation # and that will satisfy the 'one night stay minimum' stipulation that is needed even without actually checking in and having to pay the resort fee.

4. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read somewhere that you have to be checked in and they verify it. Cheapest LP and resort fee is Circus Circus. Think their resort fee is only $16

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Thickskinnedalive. mLife desk has the ability to verify that you're checked in. You might be on the hook to take the room for one night.

6. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They verify your room # when you redeem the reward at the MLife desk. And I think with many rewards you have to be staying at the hotel when you use them. (ex: Go to the cashier to get the buffet)

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may charge you a no show fee, which would probably be more than the resort fee.

8. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like someone else said, they won't ask you for your reservation, they'll just look it up automatically.

9. smallz79

smallz79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from staying at Excalibur, when you go to the mlife desk to redeem your rewards they ask you for your room# and drivers liscense.. and that was just the buffet at luxor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.