1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sin City Hangover

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DoubleUp, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Recently (a couple of months ago) I moved away from Las Vegas for job reasons, and immediately started looking forward to my first trip to vegas as a "Visitor". When I lived there, and went on travel to other locations, I was always jealous of the folks on the plane back to vegas. They were going to a party, i was just going home (which is nice for it's own reasons of course!).

So a trip was planned: The Palms for new years eve and the day after (they made us make a two night reservation, but I didn't put up much resistance !). Why the Palms? Because my favorite local band, "Sin City Sinners" was going to be playing there at "The Lounge", and many of my friends were going to be there to bring in 2014!

And ... it was everything we expected! The excitement of getting in the cab line :)->) and getting to the hotel, etc etc! Coming in on New Years Eve i thought would be crazy, but not with it being a Tuesday, so basically there were no lines. No line for taxi, no line to check in! The room in the Ivory tower was as advertised, and our friends met us there with some booze and snacks to get things going right !

We went down stairs and split up. The craps tables were busy, and at $10 still (I was worried they were going to bump it to $25 because it was new years) so I jumped in... it was choppy so I kept my bets to basically pass line plus 2x odds, followed up with a come bet or a place bet or nothing depending on my mood, but I ended up ahead a bit when it was time for the show to start.

If you ever get a chance to see this band "The Sin City Sinners", you should, they really know how to put on a rock and roll show. Well, you have to like that style of music... AC/DC, guns and roses, that sort of thing. They did not disappoint on NYE and I would tell you more, but my recollection is fuzzy!

At my age, I really should learn that at some point, another drink is not going to get you drunker, it's just going to make you sicker the next day!

Needless to say, the next day we hung low and watched TV in the room trying to recover. I made another uneventful (but still fun, i like the dealers at the Palms) run at the craps table. One issue I had was that due to my hangover, I had trouble throwing the dice. At one point they were bringing chips to the table, and they had one of those boxes full of chips, on the table. Now there was a whole lot of empty table for my dice to go, and I really tried not to hit that damn box, but nevertheless, thats were the dice went :) Not that it was a bad roll, but my aim was way off!

Dinner at Simons (at the Palms Place) was tasty but the service was very slow. Probably operating on a skeleton crew staff. BTW the Concierge at the Palms was very helpful. One more night of sleep and back home we went!

Anyway, at some point during the day i realized I never took a single picture to memorialize the festivities. :nono: Yikes, newbie mistake, next time I go, the TR will include pictures!

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin city sinners are great their guitarist Brent Muscat was in a somewhat famous 80's hairband Faster Pussycat

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always enjoy my stays at a The Palms. Fun for you to go back as a tourist vs resident!

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sin City Sinners have played in Vinyl at the Hard Rock and my buddies in valet there, who've never steered me wrong, told me they're fantastic and I MUST see them.
    Will do.

5. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He is also a genuinely nice guy. If you stick around after the show he (and the others) always come out to chat :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.