1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SIM Cards for UK visitors

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by welch9, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welch9

welch9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy and I are landing in LV soon and and need to get a couple of SIM cards. I was wondering what are best options and where to buy. We will need the following.

A, I will need a SIM for a smart phone with some data included in the package

B, My buddy will just need a SIM and about 10usd of credit to make/receive calls as required.

I look on the carriers websites and am I right to understand I buy a sim, plus the relevant amount of credit then once I top up I can pick the plan I need (eg data). Also whats the lowest denominations of credit and from where can one buy credit.

I have read about READY SIM which sounds ideal however there are very mixed reviews about it on Amazon.

2. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Readysim in New York and it was excellent, good coverage and very fast for data.

I recently asked the question here and got some good answers. I am planning to get another when I arrive. Not getting it shipped to the UK in case it gets lost or I get stung with customs charges.

There are loads of dealers that sell them in Vegas.

http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102466

Cheers,

Justin

3. welch9

welch9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers, I wouldn't worry about the import duty, you can buy them for 23GBP (35usd) from amazon uk shipped from USA, the duty would not be much at all if any. I may give them a try as i need 2 and they work price wise. We are in LA and Vegas

4. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, never thought of getting it through amazon. Thanks for that.

The reviews are curious - I never had any issues with data at all. At the end of the week I think I'd only used about half of my 1 gb allowance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.