1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sim Cards/Cheap phones

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Thickskinnedalive, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there anywhere on the strip to get a T-Mobile or AT&T sim card or cheap phones? Specifically near the MGM. Traveling with cousin and his Blackberry is corporate locked so he needs something to use while there. I know Walmart has them but without a car that side trip will burn too much precious Vegas time. Only stores for the carriers I see on their maps are all off strip.

Had a phone and sim to use but T-mobile switched their pay by the day plan and killed my old sims as they weren't topped up since Dec :grrr:

Airport or any hotel would be a great location for burner phones. Any tips or suggestions would be great.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Walgreens not far from MGM, a little past the Coke bottle. They should be AT&T and I think also T-Mobile.

3. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any 7-11 will have cheap burner phones for your purposes.

4. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have unlocked phones to use? If so, look no further than Roam Mobility. You can have the sim sent to you Canadian address, and set it up online before you get there. It is far and away the best way for Canadians to stay connected while travelling in the US. I have been using them for a couple years or so now, with zero issues.

5. Thickskinnedalive

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx for the replies. Ended up going with Roam Mobile because they work off t_mobile anyways and I got the last 2 sims at Staples. 2 great features are paying exactly for what you need and the fact that the sim stays alive for a yr as long as you use it for one day. $4CDN for unlimited vs the $3USD for the old T-Mobile plan is basically a wash now with the exchange rate. If they are reliable then this is perfect for day trippers and short stays.

Managed to get a Moto G from a friend and had it unlocked so he is now good to go. One more sleep and one sleepless night to go...woohoo

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best for Canadians is now with Rogers and their new Roam Like Home service. For $5 a day, you just use your plan while in the USA. Your data, minutes and texts. No roaming charges or extra fees, just $5 a day flat rate

7. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats ok if you have the expensive Rogers Share plans, and can use the Roam like home. For the majority of us that can't/won't use Rogers, Roam is still the best.

8. Thickskinnedalive

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Pay us an extra $5 a day to use your own minutes from your already overpriced phone plan!"

Only Rogers could spin that on their customers as a positive.

9. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'm biased, I work for Sportsnet which gets me 50% off my over-priced phone plan :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.