1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shuttles

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lulucob, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulucob

lulucob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never take shuttles, but my Brother is coming in end of June, staying one night at the Golden Nugget. He is interested at the least ecpensive way to get there.

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend the WAX bus for $2.00.

3. lulucob

lulucob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should mention the least expensive transportation from the airport to the Golden Nugget.

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's still the WAX, no question about it. And if you're over 60 (like yours truly), it's only $1. Most of the WAX buses have luggage racks and won't take much longer than a cab to get you downtown. Golden Nugget is an easy safe walk under than canopy in less than 5 min. No tip, no long-hauling, and hard to beat.

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how far of a walk from WAX stop to MSS. First stay on our trip.

6. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bit longer, as MSS is not on Fremont, but on Ogden. Add an extra 5 minutes. You will walk the length of the canopy, all the way to Main Street. Cross Main, like you're gong to the Plaza. Go right on Main, pass the Train cars. You'll see MSS just ahead about 2 blocks (or 1 long block).
    If you arrive during daylight hours, figure on 10-15 minutes from the bus stop to MSS. You can, of course, stay on the bus until it cycles back around to the WAX southbound, and get off much closer to MSS...but that will take you more time...like 20 minutes longer? (somebody confirm for me)....but will save you 7 or 8 minutes of walking time.
    If you arrive at night when the FSE light show is going, add another 10 minutes of walking time.

Adding my time estimates for entering various hotels:
    1. 'theD' - 1 minute or less. It's right there.
    2. El Cortez - 4 minutes or so...go to Fremont (1/2 block) cross it and turn right. El Co is two short blocks down.
    3. 4-Queens - 3 or 4minutes.
    4. Fremont - 3 or 4 minutes.
    5. Nugget - 5 to 6 minutes or so.
    6. Golden Gate - figure 7 or 8 minutes.
    7. Plaza - 8 or 9 minutes.
    8. MSS - 11 or 12 minutes.
    9. Cal - turn right at Binion's (or cut through), go 1 block to Ogden, cross & turn left. California is right there. Figure on 9 minutes.
    10. DTG - Right off of Ogden & 3rd. Walk under the canopy until the first cross street, go right 1-2 blocks to DTG. Figure 5 or 6 minutes.

Keep in mind that these walks are still shorter than the average stroll from your airplane's gate to baggage claim. 12 minutes may "read" like that's a long walk...it really isn't. Think Mirage to the fountains.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.