1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

shuttle to downtown?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DuckMan87, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckMan87

DuckMan87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya i booked a shuttle with my flight and am staying downtown for the 1st time how long does the shuttle from the airport to downtown take? do they stop at any of the strip hotels 1st before heading downtown... I've been stuck on a shuttle for about 40 minutes just getting Central strip so wondering how long it would take trying to figure out if i can book a show downtown while I'm staying down there that night cheers :wave:

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually, the shuttles from the airport to the hotels are grouped by zones with downtown usually being a zone unto itself, with maybe a stop at an off strip hotel along the way. Allow yourself at least an hour to be on the safe side.

3. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah, I remember once the whole shuttle was loaded up and headed to just the downtown area, when they had to take one more lady and she wanted to go to the Rio, I dont remember how long extra that was, but it was pretty irritating. What the shuttle driver should do to be fair to everyone was to do the downtown drop off first and take her after everyone was off. Usually it takes about half hour to 45 minutes, but you should ask the guys taking your money if the shuttle will only go to downtown first before booking.

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wax bus is only $2.00. It's a good option if you don't have a long wait (they're often an hour apart). Once on the bus it's less than a half hour to downtown.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took shuttles a couple of times downtown and as already mentioned usually there are strip shuttles and downtown shuttles.All the ones that I rode were segregated like that. Last shuttle was about 40 minutes. they generally hop on I15 and get there quickly and beat the traffic.

Now I prefer the WAX which generally leaves on the hour except for drive times for a couple of hours. I either hop on the WAX ($1.00 fpr seniors) or if I just missed it, relax with a coffee or c oke and unwind. Most of my rides airport to FSE have been 28 minutes. It is not crowded and plenty of room for luggage and very nice drivers (so far at least).

Jimbo338

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My and my family experience's with the WAX is the same as Jimbo's. My son will be using it this trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.