1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shuttle or Taxi?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cjohnson202, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've ALWAYS taken the shuttle from the airport, because I've always gone with just one other person. This time (October), I'm going with three others. Shuttle would be $30 total for the four of us to go to Mirage, what would we be looking at for four people to go the Mirage via Cab? Four people with four suitcases, don't know if we'd need a van or not. Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance

2. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Take a taxi even if it's just 2 of you! I just did the shuttle to PHo and it was just over an hour! Not worth the few bucks it saves. Airport to Mirage should be $20-25. Got this link recently off this board:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LV

The taxi line porters will whistle up a van or suv if need be for your party. Still, 2 cabs will still be worth the time over the shuttle. Shuttles to the strip are only good for solos or folks who haven't been to Vegas before and are worried about taxi fares.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I've gotten lucky, but I've taken a shuttle all four times and have never been more than 20 minutes. But yeah, a cab may be the way to this time if I'm splitting it four ways. thanks

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, just take a taxi. It'll probably cost around $20

And at the airport the taxi attendant will see you are a large group and get you a bigger cab, IE: if the next spot in the queue is #5 and he sees a van taxi, which you would need, is third in line he'll tell you to go to spot #7.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was debating this very thing myself. Trip is next week and I am staying at the Cosmo. Wondering if I am close enough to the airport to be one of the first stops or if the shuttle will go up the right side and down the left leaving me last in line. Any insight is great

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never taken a shuttle or cab to Cosmo, so don't know where thats located or how to get in or out... but for the shuttles you have to think about them being able to go in as much as a point-to-point-to-point route as they can.

Like the south strip route goes to MGM, then NYNY and then cuts through the parking lot to Monte Carlo... from there it cuts back through the parking lot and goes over the median to Excalibur, the Excalibur driveway ends right next to the start of the Luxor so it goes up there, then either the Mandalay Bay or Tropicana.

If the shuttle can go around back from Monte Carlo to Cosmo it would probably do that, then pull back on The Strip make any stops at Aria before going back up to Excalibur.

If it can't then Cosmo would likely be the last stop on a Venetian/Palazzo west side of The Strip route: shuttle to Venetian, then Palazzo then over to TI, Mirage, Caesars, Bellagio, Cosmo and then Aria.

7. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take the shuttle, and have never had one go up one side of the strip and back down the other. They jump back and forth from one side of the strip to the other with no problem.

8. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will never take a shuttle again. 2 people in a shuttle costs almost as much as a cab but not as relaxing or as quick to get where you are going. When I get off the plane, I'm done with mass transit. I will take a cab or get limo'ed around. After all, I'm on vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.