1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

shuttle from Rio to the Strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TRN, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm getting different information on this, hoping you can settle it once and for all.

Does the shuttle between Rio and the strip go to Harrahs or Ballys?

Also, does it run 24/7? What's the schedule look like?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It goes to Harrah's.

Shuttle runs from 10AM to midnight during the week, until 1AM on Friday and Saturday nights

And they don't really have a set departure/arrival schedule, IE: no set times, and instead just gets to its destination property, unloads, loads passengers and goes... and repeats that all day long. Typically its about 20-30 minutes for a round trip.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It goes to both. There are two shuttles. The first goes to Harrah's every half hour and the other goes to Bally's every half hour. Before gas prices blew up, they went on a continuous loop and even sent more if the bus filled and there were people still waiting. I only used it once after they switched to the half hour schedule and I don't know how rigid they are on the schedule.

4. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the shuttle from Harrah's to Rio , last week .... May 16......had checked out of Harrah's at about 11am , and was changing hotels to Bellagio.....decided to leave baggage with porter, shuttle to Rio for a bit as neither of us had been there ..... once at Rio , there are two areas for shuttles, one to Harrah's, the other for Ballys/Paris ...... took about 10 mins to get there one way
    Not sure what the schedule is like tho ....... However, found this info on the Rio website

Shuttle Service

You can visit our sister properties, Bally's Las Vegas or Harrah's Las Vegas on the Strip by using our free shuttle.

Pick up location
    Entrance to Carnival World Buffet

Schedule
    Pick-up done daily from 10am - 1am. Bus departs approximately every 30 minutes

Sorry, no luggage allowed on shuttle bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.