1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Showstoppers -- A Review

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Flowers, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this new show at the Wynn on January 2nd and thought it was EXCELLENT. Great music -- the songs are THE "showstopping" songs from a variety of Broadway musicals -- great dancing, great vocals and full band, great costumes. It was very well done all around. Kudos to Steve Wynn. :nworthy: It is a very high quality show, which is consistent with the property. I paid $99 + fees and sat in the front row. It was a nice seat but I'd recommend mid-orchestra so you don't have to look up as much.

Bottom line is that even at $99 I will see the show AGAIN and recommend it highly. If you can get discount tickets, it is a no brainer. I don't know of any other show quite like it on the strip. I hope it makes it.

As an aside, it was also nice to be back at Wynncore. I forgot how beautiful the property is. I think I'm going to book two nights there during my next trip, even if I have to pay for them, assuming I get a decent rate.

2. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review! I hadn't heard of it, but sounds like it's right up my alley! Going to google NOW!

President's Week School Vacation in Las Vegas
  3. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! I'm heading back to Vegas in April and may see it again then with a VMB friend. I'm sure you enjoy it!

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked at the link you sent around, which is new. The first photo the chorus sang the chorus line song. It was fabulous. The second photo is from Caberet. That was fantastic too. I see the prices have already been raised. I had B 105 (dead center in the first row), in the Golden Circle section. My ticket was $99 + tax and I see they are now $150. Also, the web page mentions Michael Monge, who performs in one of the lounges. I stopped by there after the show and heard a couple of songs just walking by. It was nice. I believe it's just $10 or two drinks to have a seat in the lounge but most folks were just sitting at the bar with a drink (no cover charge) and you can hear the music just as well. Dinner, Showstoppers and then Michael Monge for a few songs would be a very nice evening at Wynncore.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I originally was not going to see it but with this review, I think I may. I do not know why I thought it would just be plain people singing songs. But once you said "great dancing, great vocals and full band, great costumes", it reminded me of an equivalent cirque-style Broadway, meaning it does not have a storyline (which I miss deeply) but it's grand. I am especially excited about the costumes you mentioned. I am a lover of beautiful things, and even though I do not like Cirque, I do enjoy the COLORS, the makeup! and the ambiance they create. I will check it out just because of you.

7. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If anyone sees any discounts to this show, please let us know! I'm waiting for July dates to be available and will just bite the bullet (buffet and Row G mid) unless I see any kind of promos. I do wish it was 75 or 90 minutes for that price, but love a good show.

8. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel comfortable saying that I "guarantee" you will enjoy the show and no, I don't work for the hotel LOL; I just thought the show was that good. :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.