1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shows in Vegas

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dave8865, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave8865

dave8865 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    I am a first time traveller to Vegas in September and want to see some shows. Would I be better off booking before I go or should I wait and buy when I am there. I keep getting told different things from people who have already been and hope that this forum will give me the right way to go.
    Cheers
    Dave

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends on the show and how cheap you are, some yes some no ,need more info on what shows

3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always had good luck waiting to purchase show tickets until I was in Vegas. The only time I purchase before hand is if they are more than 50% off. I subscribe to the travelzoo emails and they send out some real good deals from time to time.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you want the VIP section or seats in the front rows you're O.K. Unless it's a special presentation (like Timberlake's limited run) there are seats available. They may not be good seats, but you'll get in.

Bill

5. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on what shows you want to go see. Michael Jackson One by Cirque du Soleil at Mandalay Bay I would definitely get tickets in advance just so you can secure a good seat. Probably won't find discount for that show. Go to the Mandalay Bay website and you can choose your own seat. Sections 202, 203 and 204 and as close to front as you can in these sections are probably the best seats in the house.

Other shows, you can probably get tix when you get there and even score a good discount. You can get $20 off coupons for Absinthe (at Caesars Palace) right in front of their box office. They are giving it away.

Comedy shows, I definitely recommend Vinny Favorito at the Flamingo. Go to the Total Rewards customer service desk and sign up for their Total Rewards card (no fee, it's free). They will give you a coupon book that has free tickets to show. Just a 2-drink minimum which still comes out cheaper than show tickets.

Also, utilize the free vegas magazines in your hotel room and lobby. They are chock full of discount coupons for shows.

Also, Cirque de Soleil is having the Summer of Cirque specials. Go to their website and you can probably score some good discounts.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to post which shows are of interest.
    Some shows are best to purchase tickets early as they sell out.
    Other shows you can buy that day or even get discounted tickets.

If its a big named show and you really want to see it I suggest buying tickets way in advance.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to tell us more so we can help you more.

How may days are you there?
    What days of the week?
    What sort of shows are you thinking about?
    How is your budget?

Are you a stand in line for discount guy, or deal with concierge type of guy?

8. dave8865

dave8865 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going on wed 3rd September for 1 week, we would like to see a headliner, penn & teller, the rat pack and a well known comedian,
    I don't really want to be spending much more than $100 per ticket (obviously if a show costs less then I would put that towards a more expensive show) and I do prefer a bargain but would be willing to pay full price if needed for the right show

9. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only big time comedian that I found there that week was Jerry Seinfeld (I would suggest picking up those tickets in advance and it will be a bit pricey). For other comedians, I've always had a good time at Brad Garretts comedy club at MGM (not really headliners, but they have a lot of good up and comers). Carrot Top was surprisingly very funny and there is always Andrew Dice Clay (if you are ok with his raunchy still of comedy). You can usually score discounted tickets for those shows at the discount ticket booth. Vinny favorite was also really funny, but I would never pay the $65 per ticket, definitely hit the players club booth at flamingo and ask for the free show ticket. It will cost you like $26 for 2 people.
    Not positive on Penn and Teller, but I heard they don't sell out either and you can get discount tickets.

Again as others have mentioned, if you don't care about sitting in the front few rows for the bigger shows, buy in advance. Vinny favorito, Garretts club and Dice clay are all in small venues, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting a ticket last minute as there really isn't a bad seat at any of them. Personally I like playing it by ear and grabbing tickets to a show the day of; I'm not a big fan of pre-planning too much in vegas.

10. Ringo16

Ringo16 Tourist

If you want a deal, start playing the MyVegas game on Facebook. Play for a day and you will have enough points to get bogo tickets to Zarkana for $79.
    I found Mystere to be the most fun and entertaining Cirque show. You can find plenty of deals there because it has been around longer.

11. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn & teller you can always find discount coupons in those free vegas magazines in your hotel room. Cirque du Soleil is doing the Summer of Cirque sale right now. If you go to their official website, you will find discounts for most of their shows in Vegas. I think they even have a Love (Beatles) and Michael Jackson One together special sale. Both shows are spectacular, even if you are not a big fan of the music. I just got 2 tickets to Mystere for a great price ($75 per ticket before taxes and fees). Also you can get $40 off Jersey Boys show at Paris if you search for discounts. You can try 40BOYS discount code on their ticket website.

I think I would rather secure tickets in advance and know I am going to a good show with good seats I chose rather than waste time standing in line at Tix4tonight and risking a sell out when I could be doing something more fun.

Like I commented before, Absinthe is one of the funniest shows I've seen. And not a bad seat in the house because the venue is small. They are passing out coupons in front of their box office at Caesars Palace so if you want to go, just go there in the morning after you arrive so you can choose which day to go. Vinnie Favorito is also my fave. He may not be a big-name comedian but he sure as hell can do stand up better than some of the more famous comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.