1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shows & Entertainment with 9 to 15 year olds

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by TommyG, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyG

TommyG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suggestions or ideas? We'll have 5 kids with us in March. Boys 12 and 15. Girls 12, 9, and 9.

We were thinking of a show (e.g. Blue Man), Circus Circus, Bellagio fountains. But need more ideas for tweens and teens that can't drink, gamble, or go clubbing.

2. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our kids (13 and 14 now) like the arcade at Excalibur as well. When we go with them we do a show almost every night. Our typical day is sleep in a bit, breakfast, something to kill a few hours in the mid day, then dinner, show, some people watching on the strip, then put them in the room and get a few hours to gamble late.

The rides on top of the Stratosphere are good if they like that type of thing. Our kids don't care for the pools that much, but don't think they are open in March anyway. I took my son to shoot machine guns when he was 11, he enjoyed that but it is pricey for the amount of time you are there. I have taken them to see the pawn shop with the TV show. My son is a huge UFC fan so we are going for Fight Week in July. While he and I are at the fights and probably the fan expo, the girls will go shopping or get a massage at the spa.

3. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 9 year-old daughter had a gymnastics meet in Vegas in January. I did all of the following with her, and she had a great time:

- High Roller
    - Monorail Ride from Bally's to SLS
    - Souvenir shop near SLS
    - Deuce from SLS area to Fremont Street
    - Ziplining at Fremont Street Experience
    - Michael Jackson Show at Mandalay
    - Bellagio Fountain Show
    - Movie at the AMC theater on the Strip

While she had a great time, the other good news is that I could do most of those things with a beer in my hand!

4. vwhiten

vwhiten VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There s always good deals for the Popovich Pet Comedy Show on Groupon or Travelzoo etc. Any of the Cirque shows with the exception of Zumanity is good. There is a free 3d short movie at the M&M store for kids - the store itself is an attraction. Rainforest Restaurant at MGM is pretty nice - scenery - food is ok. The arcade at NYNY is huge -- there is one at Excalibur but NYNY beats Excalibur. The Excalibur Knight show is good for kids - a little pricey but it comes with a dinner. If you are staying at property with a lazy river the pool is a good option -- If it is later in March during spring break you probably want to skip it once the pool parties start. Some of the afternoon shows are good kids, Mac King at Harrah's magic - husband and i really enjoyed that.

Another afternoon show is Jan Ruven at the Tropicana - also magic show - the web site says it is great for children.

MGM Stay Well (I hope)
  5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took kids when they were 16, 13 & 11.
    Did NYNY roller coaster, Mac King,Nathan Burton, Terry Fator & Mystere.

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend Popovich Pet Theatre, Mac King's Comedy Magic Show and Jeff Civillico's Comedy in Action for that age group. Good deals can be had on all three.

7. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add my strong recommendation for Mac King. The Popovich show is lame IMHO and was a constant appeal by them for donations for their pets. It's been there for quite some time though.

Blue Man Group is the best it's ever been and I've seen it fifteen times, still looking forward to seeing it again. Very family friendly. Go to the Monte Carlo lobby about 430, they hand out discount tickets by the elevators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.