1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Tickets - New Rule?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by panmalv, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panmalv

panmalv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to recall reading that, when you called and converted your MyVegas reward into an actual seat reservation, that counted as the date of "redemption." Therefore, if your trip was at least 30 days after this "redemption," you could still redeem another 3 rewards while in Vegas.

Today I redeemed my rewards for show tickets for my trip in August. At the end of the call I asked the rep if I could still redeem 3 non-show awards in Vegas since the trip is more than 30 days from now. The rep on the phone firmly said that no, MyVegas would consider the date of redemption to be the actual show date, not the date on which I called to convert my rewards into show tickets. So both of my show rewards (I got two different shows) would count towards the 3 reward limit during my trip, and I would only be able to use one more reward there.

Has anyone heard about a change in rules on this issue, or am I just confused?

Thanks and apologies if I've missed another thread on this point.

2. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sales rep is correct. There is a big difference between buying, setting, and redeeming which are all sequential steps.

Buying - Is virtual, and happens inside of the game. It's when you use your LPs to buy the reward you want to get. You can refund any reward that is bought up to 90 days of when you bought it.

Setting - Is virtual, and happens through their phone number for only (a) rooms and (b) show tickets. All other rewards skip the setting phase. Setting is basically setting the date of which you are going to arrive to get the rooms and/or show tickets. They have this step because they need to make sure that there will be applicable space for you when you use your reward. All rewards that are set are non-refundable at this point and appear in the Redeemed column of your game because they are non-refundable.

Redeeming - Is physical, when you actually get the reward - rooms, tickets, food credits, etc. At this point this is when your limit restriction of X number of rewards in 30 days kicks in and when it actually counts.

All in all, the short and sweet answer is, only when the actual reward is physically obtained does it actually count towards the limit. As an example, if it was set for August 15th, then it counts on August 15th as it is the day you will physically get the show tickets.

3. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rep on the phone is correct - that's always been the rule. The date of the show is considered the date of redemption. The same is true for a room - the day you actually use the room is the date of redemption. (Even though in your list of rewards it will show it as "redeemed" when you make your reservations).

- Linda in TX

4. jamaloha

jamaloha Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jamaloha

How does "My Vegas Rewards" work?

5. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please read my post above for how the rewards work. There are 3 steps total from the game: (1) buy the reward (2) set the reward (for only rooms/shows) and (3) redeem the rewards.

When you redeem the actual reward, these are the places where you need to go to actually redeem:
    - If it is a room, go to check-in registration for that hotel.
    - If it is a show ticket, go to the box office of the show theater.
    - If it is for the Sugar Factory, go directly to Sugar Factory.
    - If it is for anything else, mLife desk.

Make sure to bring your mLife card, photo id, and a confirmation e-mail with you on the trip when you actually redeem, they will give you instructions on what to do after that.

6. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate that I can't Edit my comment.

Under where you need to go to redeem the actual reward:
    - If it is a reward from a specific partner of the game (Wolfgang Puck, Sugar Factory, and/or LVA Monorail), go directly to them and follow the guidelines of your confirmation e-mail.

7. panmalv

panmalv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone, for the clarification--I was confused about the whole redemption vs setting process. I guess I'm done in my quest for LPs for a while -- what will I do with all my free time?

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.