1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show ticket help please

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JeannieLynn, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeannieLynn

JeannieLynn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I'm Jeannie and I'm new to the boards and to Vegas. My husband and I are taking our first trip to Vegas at the end of March. We were curious if it's better to purchase tickets for shows online now, or to wait and purchase from people selling them in Vegas? If it's better to purchase online, are their some reliable discount places to purchase them? Thanks for everyone's help

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    better to buy before you go.

check out smartervegas for discount codes.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeannie,
    It depends. If there is a particular show you really want to see, and seating choices are very important, its best to purchase ahead of time.

Depending on when you are going to Vegas, you can still score great seats and deals last minute. Personally I have purchased tickets thru Tix4Tonight and they have lots of deals for same day and next day shows. If your wanting to see a major headliner that rotates thru Vegas such as Celine Dion, etc. Those need to be purchased in advanced usually since they can sell out quickly.

Most of the Cirque shows except maybe "O" you can get discounted seats while in Vegas or dinner / show packages. These go for 30% off face value usually, and since you have to exchange the voucher at the box office, how quickly you redeem effects your seat assignments. Most afternoon shows you can find 2 for 1s. If you are going over a busy weekend or event, then supplies are very limited.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check online before you go. Almost every show has some kind of discount. If you know what you want, buy ahead. Or when you are there you can check Tix4Tonight, but if it's on sale there, it's probably on sale online as well.

You won't find discounts for the huge headliners like Celine, but pretty much everything else.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goldstar.com and Travelzoo often have good deals, depends on what you're looking for.

I echo the sentiments already expressed - if it's a show you REALLY want to see, buy your tickets in advance. If you have a few ideas and aren't too picky - you can wait until you get there....

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would check with Goldstarevents.com (I guess they dropped the "events" now) first. Their discounts are a bit better than I
    TIX4TONITE and you can book ahead of time if they carry the show plus avoid standing in a long line in the heat of LV. They generally have a choice of a couple of sections like Orchestra and general seating or Mezanine. I usually go for orchestra and have had wonderful seats. I like to see one or two shows if I can on a trip so start with checking online. I always check in LV as well, their selections might include ones not offered on a reg basis elsewhere, and I often will stop between 6:15 to 7 because they have a white board sometimes with last minute deals ( I have seen BMG for $69, and Celine for $82.50 and once for $30). For these you better be ready to run, no time to eat and freshen up!

For new shows, popular shows lots of folks don't want to risk not getting a seat or a particular seat so you can call ahead and book as has been suggested. Or, you can stop to order tickets for later on your stay.

For the most part at TIX4TONITE you get a voucher for the show that day, and Goldstar gives you a confirmation to print out. You then need to go to the box office to exchange it for a real ticket. Check with the box office for their hours. They actually assign the seats so the earlier you pick up the tickets the better the seat or your choice of seats will be. Goldstar sometimes emails names in the morning and sometimes just hours before the show so ask the box office when they generally get the list to avoid making the trip and having to return.

I have found better savings with Goldstar but at TIX4TONITE, if you buy a ticket you can get a VIP pass for a future ticket in a faster line and $2.00 off the service charge on future tickets. I have seen some great shows at a savings from both places and TIX are very accomodating with info and checking on things not on the boards.

Jimbo338

7. JeannieLynn

JeannieLynn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks everyone!

8. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to www.vegas.com and click on shows you can put in the dates you are there and it will give a full list of everything that is on on those days. Once you decide what you want to see then you can look for deals or ask on here and someone will point you in the right direction. Also check out The Smith Center downtown as they have lots of things going on as well.

Corinne

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What show are you talking about? Would vary widely from show to show. And when-exactly. Weekends are different than weekdays.

10. JeannieLynn

JeannieLynn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We would like to go see Penn & Teller and would like to do 2 dinner shows: Tournament of Kings & Marriage can be Murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.