1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show recs for newly 21 year old?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by rdunc311, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdunc311

rdunc311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm taking my brother-in-law to Vegas and thought about taking him to a show. He's not into illusionists/magic. Comedy would likely be better. Carrot Top ? Holly Madison show? Thoughts are appreciated.

We will be there May 15-18 (Wed-Sat).

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe! Bawdy, raunchy humor that mixes all the circus acts so he can tell the folks he saw acrobats and leave out the part about the puppet blowjob. Plus its in a tent and there are no bad seats.

ps- Holly Madison is no longer doing a show. She just had a baby (named it Rainbow) and I'm not sure who is supposed to take on the role next. It was Ice-T's wife Coco, but I'm pretty sure her time is over at the end of this month.

If you're looking for a "jiggle show", you might want to check out Fantasy at Luxor. Gregrio always said it had the best looking gals of the jiggle variety. Carrot Top gets a lot of love on VMB but I've never seen his Vegas show. My mom took me when I was 11 in my hometown (she had seen him on TV once, which was his clean part of the act- a whole 2 minutes), and that was kind of enough during my formative years so I've shied away.

If your brother is a fan of the Beatles, I'd say Love, but otherwise, I don't see too many 21 year olds being super excited about a Cirque show. I can't even get my mom to go to one, and she's their prime demographic.

3. cbkb101

cbkb101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top for sure...I believe it's called "The best show you never wanted to see!"

Coco is stepping in for Holly Madison in Peepshow through July. They extended her stay in February.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he enjoys comedy I'd highly suggest Carrot Top. His show is absolutely hilarious and tickets are very reasonably priced.

5. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is a good one!

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe for sure its both hilarious and impressive while carrot top is just hilarious

Peepshow is good too saw it twice with Holly and once with Coco and she's a much better performer than holly thats for sure

7. rdunc311

rdunc311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Carrot Top over the top raunchy? My father-in-law may be attending with us and I don't want it to be awkward.

8. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Carrot Top has a couple of lewd jokes but nothing over the top. Certainly no more than any other stand up comedian. He doesn't dwell on sexual jokes. But he may pull out a dildo a few times. "You guys better laugh at this joke. I had to go the f'ing store and buy a f'ing dildo for this joke!" I've sen his show 4 times now and I would go back in a heartbeat. One of the best show values in town compared to prices for Cirque or Celine.

9. rdunc311

rdunc311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the feedback, sounds like we'll be seeing Carrot Top!

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen Carrot Top but I've never really been a fan of him, so I have no real want to buy the tickets.

I'm 23 and I'll be going with a buddy to Absinthe in May because of the great reviews I've heard. I also really liked the Beatles LOVE, I think that's a good show for just about anyone that appreciates music.

11. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your looking to laugh, but are avoiding magic I would highly recommend Marc Savard comedy hypnosis at PH. If you want something a little more adult I would recommend Raack and Roll over at the D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.