1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show recommendations minus Ka and Mystere

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by reverted, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So turns out both Ka AND Mystere will not be showing January 17th, the day I have family in town and they want to do the good ole buffet and show somewhere, not necessarily the same place.

So what is the general consensus for the next couple of show recommendations for Vegas newbies after Ka and Mystere? My aunt and uncle want to see acrobatic feats and don't understand the nuances of English that much so no comedy recommendations.

I was leaning towards Zarkana next. We are looking for low to moderately priced shows if we can help it.

Thanks for any insight!!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest O. Lots of acrobatic diving. Language is not an issue for that show

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Le Reve @ Wynn

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with recommendation for Le Reve, but this will be a more expensive show. With Zarkana you should be able to find more deals for this show to keep the prices in the range that your looking for.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before I read your restrictions, my first thought was "Blue Man Group".

However, I would now change my recommendation to Zarkana.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  6. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Zarkana for the first time six months ago. Hated it. Saw it last month, really liked it. Whether it was due to the slightly revamped show or not I'm not sure. My first seats were via MyVegas at in the aisle, left field near the foul pole. Second trip were comped by VIP services, center section, nine rows back and after a nice dinner.

This is a very acrobatic show, minus of course the sand painter and juggler.

7. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Yeah I have heard good things abotu La Reve but the price/potential deals of Zarkana are really enticing. Has anyone every tried getting Zarkana tickets from Tix4Tonight? Or even La Reve?

8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Everyone has different tastes, but I will say, I'd rather pay full price for something I like, than half price for something I don't. My last stay at Aria, I had comp tix to Zarkana...I ended up declining them. Now, that is just me, as I know there are plenty of others who love Zarkana. To me LE Reve is easily worth double the price. My suggestion is to view some youtube videos of both, and any other shows you may be interested in and see what peaks your interest. For Cirque Du Soliel shows, you can see official video trailers for all their shows, on the Cirque website.

9. Okcjohnson

Okcjohnson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve is PHENOMENAL. It's worth the extra few dollars - cheaper and BETTER than "O" though. It's one we're itching to see again.

10. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cirque's "The Beatles' Love"...best show in Las Vegas. I will be seeing it for the 10th time in February.

11. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Piggylane, saw it about six months ago, too, and I wasn't thrilled by it. When I saw it, they had taken out the magician character who revisits the theater; a character I didn't know about until I saw the souvenir program. I am thinking that I will see it again with a MyVegas reward...especially if you think it is better now and since I am staying at Aria. The sand painter is a very odd thing to have in a Cirque show, don't you think?

12. fresnofishfan

fresnofishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 Le Reve Took my wife(then fiance) for her first trip to Vegas. BLOWN AWAY! It was not my first trip but first show, and It was really cool. Dont be afraid to sit up front in the "Splash Zone" . We had mabey a couple drops of water hit us, and thought they were great seats!

13. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE !!

14. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone for the replies!

Ended up booking Zarkana B level seats for about $85 a pop. Not bad imo. Got section 203 near the front of the section. Thought being too upclose would be 'too much' at once. Hopefully this works out. Assuming chances of changing or upgrading seats are slim? Does it matter if I'm MLife Gold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.