1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Recommendation

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by BarelyHangingOn, Aug 14, 2016.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning my next trip out a bit for December and need a show recommendation. Maybe there's something out there that I am overlooking. The Bellagio is dark in December when we are there so their two shows are out.

We are going to do Terry Fator. We have seen Zumanity, KA, Chris Angel and Penn and Teller already. Wife won't see Carrot Top and I can't see paying the ridiculous amount of money for One tickets although we would like to see it. If there is a way to get cheap tickets to One I would love to hear it.

3rd Aria Stay Coming Up
  2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is a great option . My wife refused to see Carrot Top for 5 years. She finally gave in on our last trip and admitted she was totally wrong and that Carrot Top was the funniest show she had ever seen. As far as MJ One, we hated it and would have walked out early had we not paid $250 per ticket.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe will be at the Cosmo in December, not Caesars so it may be a different show, at least parts of it. Not having it in a tent stinks. But I'll wait and see how it's changed before deciding whether to see it again. Currently it's a great show. I've known a lot of people who dismissed going to see Carrot Top that loved him when they finally went.

4. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is my favorite show on the Strip, so that gets my vote as well.

Can you give us more information about what kind of shows you like or what you and your wife are into or decidedly against so we can give better recommendations? For example, if the wife won't see Carrot Top because he's too raunchy, then Absinthe is probably out as well.

5. phantomfj

phantomfj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, we decided that Absinthe was going to be the next show we were going to make a effort to see, then we heard it was going to close at Caesars, bummer! We have a trip booked for five days starting Nov 6, I wonder if they will be set up and running at Cosmo by then.....their website says they they will be moving to Cosmo on Nov 1, I guess time will tell..........

6. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't mind raunchy stuff she just doesn't like CT for some reason. I posted the shows we have seen and liked.

I will put Absinthe on the list and see how it pans out at the Cosmo. Looked up Brad Garret but he's not there himself in December and there is a water/fire show at the Wynn that doesn't appear to be on in December either. Maybe David Copperfield.

3rd Aria Stay Coming Up
  7. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Mystere??

I know it doesn't get much love these days, but we loved it, and got cheap, cheap tickets from T4T

8. kartking

kartking Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will b there Nov 5 and I'm also wanting to see a show
    right now its a toss up between Absinthe Mystrere or "O"
    not really sure which one to see

9. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn and Teller at the Rio. Not to pricey and a good show.
    Jersey Boys at Paris.:headbang:

Here we go again!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jersey Boy's will be closed when he's there.

11. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MJ One is our favorite show, have seen it twice and will see it again next month

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - go see LOVE

2 - Scan down the posts on this page, lots of great ideas.

3 - Go see LOVE

13. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a little silly perhaps as I don't get why you don't get the shows comped, but maybe over the years I'm used to it comped? I gamble a bit. I'd put MJ over Love,but others would put Love over MJ. I have to pay to see Absinthe as I'm not CET, but I'd pay every time.

14. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shit,,,just realized I'm down in 3 days looking at my timer....I knew it was this week,,,

• Like Like x 1
  15. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the recommendations. I don't have any comped shows. I only have a small gambling history at Aria and that was only good enough to get some reduced room rates with upgrades.

Any ways Love is dark for the first half of December or we would be there. We saw Penn and Teller and loved it except I could have done without the political rants throughout the whole show.

Right now it's looking like we will wait and see how Absinthe turns out at the Cosmo or Mystere sounds like it would be okay as well.

3rd Aria Stay Coming Up
  16. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard for me to suggest a show for people I don't know personally.

As far as money saving options, look into Tix4tonight. Its a "same day" discount ticket service. This means the discount only applies for shows for the evening of the day you buy them - no advance purchases are possible. A couple of important things about this service: 1) You get a voucher, not the actual tickets. You take the voucher to the show ticket office to get your tickets. It still means waiting in line to pick them up. 2) They select the seats for you. You have to accept whatever seats you are given. For large groups, it might mean not everyone will sit together. You can see a list of shows on their website. You can order tickets by phone or at their retail kiosks (located mostly along the Vegas Strip).

17. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have also mentioned that if you scan this forum, you'll find Sonya has posted special discount offers for various shows as well. Please check them out!

18. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they choose the tickets for you how do you know if you are getting a premium ticket or a standard seat? Do they sell both?

3rd Aria Stay Coming Up
  19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tix4Tonite SOMETIMES gives you a good deal. And sometimes they are more expensive than Groupon, TravelZoo or Goldstar. So don't automatically assume they are the best price and don't assume you will get 50% off. You get UP TO 50% off and as I said it's not always the best price you can get.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VegasRic is right about Tix4Tonite. I used them about 2 years ago to see Mystere. I ended up saving like $5 or so over any deal that was available from CDS, MLife, SmarterVegas, etc. at the time. I was staying at MGM, it involved me waiting in line for about an hour and then heading down to TI to pickup the tickets ahead of time (that's what they recommended to get "the best seats in that category"). In the end, I had almost the entire section to myself, ended up killing like 2 hours of time, and saved minimum amount of money. I suggest doing some research first as you can probably get an identical deal or better without any legwork.