1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Ideas for a Group of 20 Various Ages - All Adult

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Raleighgirl276, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raleighgirl276

Raleighgirl276 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all! I'm a Vegas junkie, have been over 30 times but... We had a contest at work and those who made their goal won a group trip to V. I made goal and, since I've been so often, I'm in charge of making plans. Yay me. (Note the lack of enthusiasm.) For the record, I never, ever plan in Vegas. I do whatever, play lots of blackjack and am absolutely not on a schedule. So my questions are: what shows are most popular? I love anything Cirque but what other on Strip shows are popular? Our group spans ages from 20's to 60's. Thus my dilemma.
    I haven't checked into anything on my own yet bc these message boards are usually so great with info...
    If you can help, please let me know. I really appreciate it!
    PS: This may be the only time I've every been anxious about going to V. I have to pick restaurants/shows/agenda... I don't want this responsibility... Please help if you can! Thank you so much!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel for you. You will never, ever, ever satisfy a group that big, or even half that size.

How much is being PAID for by the business, which sort of forces folks to go to certain shows, meals? If folks are paying on their own, let THEM decide.

The 3 cirq shows that have almost universal appeal are Love, O and Mystere. Would not do the others.

Stay away from anything that might "offend" someone. Not worth it.

Dinner - that is hard one. Group dinner with expensive drinks can be expensive in a hurry. And dinner with 20 people is often a cluster -....

Mon Ami has rooms that do groups and they serve LOTS of people fast. I am sure there are others. Just avoid higher end that do long slow dinners.

Pick places that you can walk to. Transporting that many is another cluster-f....

If you have the money and/or you need a semi-meeting - some of the hotels do an excellent job with small meeting rooms. I did Mirage once for meeting and group dinner. They treated us well.

3. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd probably try to talk the company out of a group show choice, because it would be almost impossible to please everyone. If they insist, I might opt for something like Legends in Concert. There is usually enough variety to give everyone something they like, plus it always ends with Elvis.

Or for something you can't see anywhere else, maybe something like V the Ultimate Variety Show, which I refer to as the "crap you can only see in Vegas" show. Lots of oddball acts that you used to see on Carsonor The Gong Show. I've seen it 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed it.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe would be totally fun and unique as long as no one in that group of 20 is thin skinned or easily offended by off color humor.

5. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I loved that show, that is the show I was thinking I would not do for a company group. It would only take one person in the group of 20 to say they were sexually harassed at a work function.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

7. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta go along with Nostress....... stay away with anything easy to offend. Absinthe would NOT be on your Go to list.

Thinking Cirque shows mentioned would be very good with a group.

Really depends where youre all staying......

Penn & Teller are good for a group. Also a comedian like Jerry Seinfeld, if hes in town.
    Blue Man Group excellent for all ages.

As far as dinner? Depending whose buying, if you can do a buffet at your hotel, its Sooooo much easier to go where youre staying,
    and they are very accomodating for a group. Plus everyone gets what they want, for fair price.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say "I have to pick restaurants/shows/agenda" the question there might be: do you have to do this for just one night? More than one night? Every night?

Because with a group as big as yours you are going to be lucky just to pull off one show and one dinner with only a few issues and problems, to try and schedule and arrange anything beyond that realistically just isn't going to work out - IE: if you said to the group "Be at the ____ steakhouse at the _____ hotel for dinner at 7PM" maybe a quarter of the group will actually show up on time, a few will forget the name of the place or the hotel, some will have lost track of time, others will be engrossed in gambling, some won't care about the dinner and just didn't plan to show, while you are waiting for everybody to show up some are going to wander off because they are bored or impatient, etc... just such is the nature with that many different people.

The easiest way for you and the group to handle stuff like that is you, as the organizer, need to be a bit of a jerk to the group and lay down the law, like if you set a time and place for a dinner or show then tell the group thats the time and if they don't show up or whatever then you aren't going to wait around (especially for a show, you don't want to be the ticket holder and be standing out front of the theater while everybody is enjoying the first part of the show because two dummies didn't show up)

10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck.... It's going to be like herding cats

11. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take 'em all to Vinnie Favorito and sit right in front. MUHUHUHAHAHAAAAA!!!

12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big question - where are you staying?
    How much is the company covering vs individual spending.
    Do the "winners" bring guests?

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something harmless like Legends in Concerts will have something for everyone they usually mix a performer from the 80-90'-00' so that covers a wide range, no foul language, tickets are cheap

Oct 1-jan 10 line up is Taylor swift, madonna, Michael Jackson ,Elvis and Frank sinatra

14. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, Legends another very good choice for all ages.

Most of us longtime Vegas folks have had our fill of "herding cats", lol, and its Not easy.

Like mentioned....... If you can pick a time & place...... shoot for that & hope for the best.

I would book......at the most.......ONE group activity per day, like Lunch or Dinner, Or show.

Or roll it into ONE night, dinner & a show. Then the rest of your time? LET THEM GOOOOOOO.

I once did an Anniv party with 15 rooms of family & friends. It was a Zooooo, and I would Never
    attempt that again.

Like the others have said, do yourself a favor and let them loose. Don't overshedule or you will
    pull your hair out. Good luck.

15. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you all going??? perhaps one of the Headliners at Caesars? or PH or MGM Grand also? during your stay
    If it were me, I'd have every one check out VMB for various suggestions
    in the following forums
    Food/ Drink/Restaurants
    Entertainment and Shows
    Nightclubs
    and give you a list of *LIKES* n INTERESTS and narrow it down from there?

16. Raleighgirl276

Raleighgirl276 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all! love the boards, you all are so awesome! And the " herding cats" comments made me laugh - so true! I arrive early Sat but they all arrive @ 8 PM Sunday so nothing planned their first night. We leave Weds AM so I'm thinking a group dinner Tues night so everyone can enjoy their first full day without an agenda. You all are right, I can't pick a show for everyone. Thank you all again, I really appreciate your input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.