1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show for two guys

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Thadeus, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have seen my other posts you'll get this. I am looking for a show for that two guys would enjoy. Top-rated show and maybe a second-tier show. I have seen enough Cirque's in my time that I will skip that.

Thinking about Absinthe for a top-rated show. I know this has some Cirque-esque features but it appears to be more than just that. Confirm?

Thanks all.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is great for a guys night. We had four guys on our last trip and all agreed that was the highlight of our trip! It is comedy meets acrobatic/feats of strength. Its something for everyone, great time for sure.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thunder from Down Under? i guess it depends on what 2 guys ...

4. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to clarify,but I figured the absence of mentioning alternative lifestyle people would get it. Just a couple regular married guys getting away from families for a couple days.

TFDU would be a good and answer to: What is a good place to meet frisky 50-year-olds.

5. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go see Absinthe great time!

I would highly recommend Absinthe seen it twice only show ever been back to.

6. martay

martay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think comedy. Vinnie Favorito, George Wallace, a comedy club, etc. Carrot Top or Penn & Teller might be fun, too.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantasy at Luxor is an option for the second-tier show. You can usually get half price tickets at tix4tonight.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that case, Crazy Horse.

9. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spearmint Rhino?

10. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually mentioned that, as we both dig strip clubs. But everything I hear about the clubs in Vegas is that you get hung out to dry and asked constantly to buy lap dances and drinks for the girls. Besides, we don't need to get all fired up and not see our women later in the night.

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That pretty well sums up LV strip clubs. There are some exceptions, but thats been my experience. I dont even bother anymore.

12. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for confirming Ron, don't even bother is a good summary.

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our last guys trip, two of my friends wanted to go check out the Spearmint Rhino, they called the limo, club said it would arrive in 30 mins. Over an hour later it showed up. They got in the club and were pressured heavily to buy a "bottle", get a table etc.

No girls were dancing openly, just working the floor trying to get them to buy a dance or go into the champaign room. They both finally relented and went into the champaign room, as that was the only hope for any excitement. Long story short they each dropped about $115 in an hour and said while the girls were really hot, it was def not worth it.

I gave them the old "I told you so......."

14. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same experience at SR. Went for a bachelor party. Unless you constantly want to get a lap dance, don't go. A girl would come up to you every 3 minutes to ask if you wanted a dance. It was Saturday night and the place was crowded. I was wedged into a back corner where there was no walkway to get to me (or some of my other friends). Didn't matter...the girls would just climb over the back of chairs.

I know it's a weird complaint to not want girls to come up to you at a strip club, but this was nothing like I've ever seen. I get it, they want to make their money but it just got awkward to keep saying you didn't want a dance every couple of minutes. It got real annoying real fast. You couldn't just hang out.

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top! Best show i've seen in a long time. Also Blue Man Group is fun and funky! Both are reasonable and there are discounts online :)

16. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is a great suggestion, one of those shows that you would not expect to like, but then he blows you away, a real sleeper that shocks you. I think a lot of shows are like that (except Chris Angel). Anthony Cools looks good, might even try getting put under, where else better to be embarassed than a place 2000 miles from home where you won't see any of the other fools ever again.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all complained when my dad got tickets, but we ended up having a great time. My aunt, my mom and dad and me laughed so hard we were crying. Even the video in the beginning is hilarious. I'm going again next week.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.