1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Show CET how strong VMB is

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by macker69, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macker69

macker69 Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So as some of you know CET has gutted their VP to unplayable levels in the last month. I know a lot of you could care less but we have so many members that I figured together we might make our voices heard. I play a tonne of VP at CET bartops 95% are now completely unplayable. I have a few of the bartenders on Facebook and their business and therefore their tips have gone down substantially. I think we can do a little bit to help us who play out lol and most importantly those whose livelihood is being effected by the greediness of CET. I have got the email to send concerns to so I encourage you to voice your displeasure to [email protected] and send in complaints via your total rewards account as well. Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

2. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not play video poker but I will take the small amount of time and shoot an email. Some day I may want to sit at a bartop and play a bit. I also think its getting a little ridiculous that because places like cet have ran a cash cow business so poorly they have to gauge the paytables. It is already started to show that if places can make changes like 6/5 bj and the masses keep playing without a huge cry of complaints, they will make more tables with higher min limits that way. If you think they are stopping with vp or bj you are probably wrong.

3. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent thread Macker! I will shoot an email off myself; a show of force is best. Have you reached out to the CET host who posts up here? Not saying he has influence, but he can speak to the "power and presence" of VMB at the least.

4. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email sent

Tentative Arrival
  5. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me as well, happy to share with anyone if they want to have a template to work off of...can't say it is the best, but gets the point across

6. boondocksnt5

boondocksnt5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email sent. Thanks Macker

7. Guy_

Guy_ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    e-mail sent!

8. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that may be a good idea... just so people stay on message?

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  9. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent it off to Macker earlier, I wanted input before mine "went public", PM me in the mean time if you want to see it/use it/comment on it, I am open for some constructive criticism and anything to improve it.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to be the bearer of bad news...but you DO know what Loveman did before, with slots right? (He change the payback LOWER, and did a control group, and the control group said "Ohh man, these slots pay so well!"; so he concluded that it was obvious gamblers don't know the difference...so don't look for it to change any time soon)

Palace Tower Suite!
  11. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the gambler's fallacy of slots is different than VP. Well at least to the educated to percentages are known.... I dunno though people play 6/5 BJ... you may be right it does not matter*

Actually it will not matter...

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  12. macker69

macker69 Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the short term it is not showing that...bartenders that I know say business and tips down big time! In fact gaggles was at Cromwell and mentioned it to a bartender. He went out of his way to ask gaggles to talk to a slot host cause they are getting killed since the change and then called the host to come over.

13. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is some $20B in debt, in bankruptcy court, some of their higher up might eventually face jail time, and EVERYTHING is being filtered through their bean counters. I wouldn't expect positive change until they exit, which will probably mean some CET properties will be split off and controlled by another operator by then. You're not dealing with a company that will act reasonably in Vegas anymore.

14. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Lake Tahoe last weekend for a CET slot tournament. The dollar DDB machines still had the 9/6 paytable with a progressive for the royal flush.....not that it mattered as I couldn't hit a darn thing, but the paytables up here are still the same as they were prior to the bankruptcy announcement.

15. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email sent. That felt good! Probably won't matter, but what the heck. I've been playing at the ballys bar by the jubilee elevators for years. Great bartenders. Great service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.