1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I start getting better offers?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mrem3200, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a CET low roller, for the past few years I have been able to get 4 free nights (including weekends) at all CET props except Caesars (well I could get a room in the shitty tower). Just to give an idea of my stats, two trips ago, my avg bet was $33 (BJ and craps) for about 7 hours per day for 3 days. My last trip (3 weeks ago) was big (for me), also 7 hours a day but avg bet of $99 (also mostly BJ and some craps) for 3 days. I am thinking about trying to squeeze another trip in next month and looking to book a room and it seems pretty much the same (all CET props during the week) and everything but Cromwell and CP (again except for the Roman tower which I can get) on weekends.

So I guess my question is, should my last trip with a much higher avg bet get me better comps? My offers*** have not changed at all but I have read here that it takes a while for the offers to adjust to reflect recent trips.

To be clear, I am not saying I think that I deserve more, I just simply don't know and don't want to leave something on the table. On one hand, to me it seems like 7 hours a day at $100 per bet deserves more than my last trip at $33 per bet. On the other hand I am not sure one trip (higher or lower) should make that much of a difference either way.

For what it is worth my theo 2 trips ago was $1,300 and last trip only increased to $1,600 and the last trip was an actual win of $4,800 (although CET has it at $5,800), if any of this matters.

Looking for peoples thoughts. Thanks.

***My prior offers have not been for much more than a free room. The one I used for my last trip was room plus $50 free play and $50 gift card.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are being comped right where you should be, IMO. The last trip may trigger a bit of freeplay or some resort credit but i would imagine the rooms will stay the same.

Its a small blip up so they may give you a bit more but things should stay the same. Your next level would be 150/hand assuming you continue 7hrs a day and you shoukd start seeing some decent freeplay and some food. At that point you are about a 275/day based on 4 hrs so you are moving up one level.

My advise play 300 a hand for 4 hrs and at those lower properties you will be RFB.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't chase comps. You're better off playing at a comfortable level while paying for your room/F&B/show tickets.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why people have to post these sort of comments. The OP was just asking if he should get more - not that he is playing more just to get comps. If you are playing at your comfortable level and there are comps to be had, then take them.

As to the OP - keep in mind that they average your theo/adt over multiple trips. One big trip will get averaged in. You might see a bit more, but it seems that CET does not always make the smaller adjustments.

5. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that you should call reservations. Yesterday, my wife called and was offered a reduced rate on a friend's reservation and a new reservation for her at a much improved comp level for December. Seems to me that reservations and hosts have a lot of leeway in circumstances like yours.

6. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, you are 100% correct, I was not suggesting I was going to adjust my play to get more, nor did I think I wasn't getting enough. I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I deserved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.