1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Short layover time in DCA, too short?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by robron, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone here flown with a layover at Reagan National (DCA)?
    The least expensive for us out of Bangor right now has a 35 minute layover at DCA, flying US Air. We will be arriving in a smaller commuter Jet and changing onto a bigger plane.
    I know at some airports the gates for the different size planes are on totally opposite sides of the airport, but when I look at the map of DCA it just shows US Air in the one terminal.

Do you think 35 minutes is enough time?

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in DC and have flown out of National many times. You should be OK. It's really a small airport, the likes of which you'd see in a midsized town rather than a big city like Washington. The US Air gates are generally clustered together nicely, so I could see you walking from, say, Gate 26 to Gate 23 or something like that. Not a huge O'Hare type situation, or someplace massive like that, where you have to go from like E-73 to A-4 and you'd be screwed.

3. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick answer. We are hopefully pulling the trigger on this flight tonight, that layover had us a little worried though.

We have done the marathon runs through huge airports before (marathon runners we are not!) really didn't want to do it again if it could be helped.

4. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you may have to put a little hustle into it, but as long as your flight is reasonably on time you should be OK.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DCA is small. All airlines' arrival times are padded, even most short hops. The only thing you have to worry about is weather both places. If you takeoff from Maine on time, you should be all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.