1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Short but Sweet.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by dean_1492, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Short but sweet.

(M)-Dad, (J)-Mom, (R)-Me.

I rented a car from Alamo for the trip at MGM, 3 comped nights! It was way windy in So Cal. I drive from Orange County to Vegas, and I ran into a sand storm below the Cajon Pass. How about 60mph sand storm at 70mph!
    This trip I took my 80 yr old parents, Mom likes to play slots, Dad plays $5 blackjack. Mom gets free rooms also. I slipped the guy at the check in $50, M & J got a Bungalow Suite, and I got a Spa Suite.
    We went to the Silverton to try the buffet, it was not bad! Salad was fresh, Fish was very good. M played the $5 tables, broke even. I was playing the slots, couldn’t win at the 25cents. I went to the 1cent slots..I do not remember which ones they were, but I turned a $5 bill into $360. Then back to MGM to play a little. (J) hit a Triple Double on 3 reels which gave her $2500, on a dollar machine.

I did not have any luck this time, it was all with J.

Day 2, we ate at Witchcraft. Not so hot. Played the Elvis slots, but Elvis was not singing to me at all this trip. I went to NYNY, and played the Wheel of Fortune 25 cent slots for about 3 hours. Then over the Tropicana, to see if I could find my machine that I won $1300 a year ago. No luck finding that slot. I am surprised that they removed the Silver-strike Machines at MGM and NYNY. I couldn’t even find one at the Tropicana. We keep having fun..thats the name of the game!

Day 3, More slots, more blackjack, R and M are on a losing streak! J’s luck runs out. We eat at Emeralds Fish house. IT wasn’t as good as the first time, but I liked it. Blazzing 7, did not pay. But we still had fun! We went to our rooms to pack up, since I like to leave at 8am.

I spent too much, ate good food, I will be back in January 2008!

2. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:

Those are the signs of a great trip :wink2: Thanks for sharing.

3. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice tr. cool of you to drag the 'rents to vegas.

4. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooh that wind can be rough.

Sounds like you had a great time with your folks. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.