1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games shooter wipes himself out playing dp

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by patroyal2014, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patroyal2014

patroyal2014 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the table started to get cold, and there were only 3 bettors left, all dark-siders. so with time to kill, and major profit made from the previous session, we started to play dark side, and betting the dark-side when we rolled.
    this dark side shooter bet dp $25 + 6x odds. he rolled 3 consecutive points. he wiped himself out and left asap.

it's both sad and amusing. and a lesson learned. i learned my lesson, to never bet dp when i roll. i may wipe all my profits and original buy-in out.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could have easily gone the other way. That's how the game goes......

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. jhpa

jhpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience one night at the Cal. The whole table was betting the pass and the shooter was on the don't pass. Loaded up with odds. He was committing suicide. Mage at least 6 points. The surreal thing was, after he made each point, the rest of us would give this silent fist pump but did not cheer. We did not make eye contact with him and we barely spoke to each other. We all felt sorry for the guy and did not want to rub his face in it. Easily blew through over a $1000 buy in and walked away. We were actually happy to see him leave - he made us a lot of money, but the table was weird.

4. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happens.... I have done it to myself also.
    It's just variance, I look at it as having to pay the tax for all the times I have
    won doing the very same thing. Like I've posted before-
    If I load up the numbers and need that 7, I just use the good karma of tipping
    the dealers, It's Two Way Red every roll increasing until hit. Normally works. :evillaugh sometimes

If I'm rolling a monster and getting killed I still want the rest of the table loud and cheering.
    I want everyone to have a good time. The louder the table the more money being made.

5. patroyal2014

patroyal2014 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have great respect for the pass line bettors who did not cheered that he lost. it's too bad nobody recommended to him to pass the dice or switch to the pass line.

6. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of DP bettors will pass the dice (not shoot) to avoid this particular horror story. And though there is no statistical difference, I skip the DP and just start with Don't Come when I want to play the dark side. Then making the point doesn't mess me up, just creates a new Don't Come number for me.

7. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

This is what I do as well. I play my own DC, to not mess with the vibe of pass line players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.