1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shipping stuff home (domestically)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BlueSkadoo, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys....I searched and most everything talked about shipping things home, when home was international. I'm interested in shipping home things to Ohio from Vegas. I like to shop a lot, and I was curious how much of a hassle it could be to try to ship home a small box of clothes and such that I buy while in Vegas. I don't rent cars, so I'd need somewhere on the strip. I saw the FedEx store at cosmo has an additional 15.00 handling charge for outbound packages! Whoa! Anything more economical?

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If packing the stuff in your luggage results in an overweight baggage fee, the $15.00 may be less expensive. Also, you may want to check with the Business Center at your hotel to see if they know of other options.

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USPS

Go to your local PO,buy one of those "If it fits it ships"boxes,if you can pay for one broken down in advance ,address it at home ,put it in your luggage,after shopping,put the box together,leave it at the hotel or somewhere theres a mail pick-up.Assuming they have one big enough for all the stuff you are buying.

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been thinking about this same question recently. How large ar the if it fits, it ships boxes from the USPS?

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ship stuff home FedEx every year and never paid that fee but we have a car and go to the FedEx store that is close to downtown and do it there.

8. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a UPS store inside the Flamingo. It's way in the back on the way to the parking garage, the same level as check in.

Just google UPS+Flamingo LV to get their information.

9. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the UPS store at the Flamingo in May. I forgot the UFC tickets on the counter and had to have my mom overnight them to us. The UPS place charged us a $5 service fee to pick them up. Not cheap, but not expensive. I'm certain any facility on the strip will charge you some sort of fee.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I don't know of anyplace near the strip for USPS. There is a station downtown, along LVB, about two blocks from the FSE. When the place is closed you aren't able to go in to mail these packages. There is one of the main po's on sunset station that is open 24/7 so you can ship your flat rates anytime but I don't know how you can get to station.

I usually use the flat rate boxes when I go to the annual CES convention. So much easier to just send them home and not worry about baggage or weight of your baggage. I found that the 2nd largest box is the better sized, fits most magazines and is a few bucks cheaper than the largest sized box.

Hard to beat the PO's flat rates, usually much cheaper than fedex and UPS IMHO.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shipped a box of souvenirs home last time I was in town. I had the room, just didn't want to piss with hauling that crap around. My kids were a little disappointed when daddy came home on a monday but they had to wait until friday to get their goodies. It cost $26 for a huge box, postage, insurance, delivery confirmation and a roll of tape. I gave that roll of tape to a guy in the post office after I taped the box shut.

When I was in there, there was a Mexican gentlemen who was there picking up 2 packages. The postman asked what it was he getting, and the guy said 2 roosters. The postman said, "oh those were your roosters crowing all day" I never knew you could ship live chickens.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  12. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geeez, folks, most of the hotels, at least the better ones all have a shipping department. Moreover, the vendors which sell you this crap almost all will ship for you for a charge. I know all the shops in the Forum Shops will. Plus, at MB they have a business guy who will help you ship whatever you want via Fed ex. Other hotels are the same.. You just have to figure out who to ask; or else upgrade your hotel!

13. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think you may have missed part of the OP post.

"I saw the FedEx store at cosmo has an additional 15.00 handling charge for outbound packages! Whoa! Anything more economical?"

Most nice stores will ship for you, but it will not be economical at all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.