1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shawn McClain's Five50 opens at Aria

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ah6tyfour, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shawn McClain took over the space that used to be occupied by Skybox Sports Bar and Grill and converted it to a pizza place. Supposedly he spent many many months researching the best dough and some of the pizza toppings are provided by their full-time forager on staff at Sage. It's called Five50 because 550 degrees is supposedly the perfect temp to cook pizza (which seems low to me...I prefer a Neapolitan style pizza cooked much hotter).

It will be interesting to see what the concept is and what prices are like. According to the website, they are only open 5pm to midnight, so no lunch menu. There is supposed to be a "slice counter" open late, so I'll probably head over and buy a slice just so I can taste the crust and see the concept.

This is probably the only significant pizza opening until Westwood's 800 Degrees opens at the newly remodeled Monte Carlo-NYNY area. It will be a battle to see whether 550 degrees or 800 degrees is the perfect temperature to cook pizza (really, a competition of East Coast pizza vs Neapolitan pizza).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.