1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shania Twain

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by engicedave, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Anyone see her show yet? I looked and didn't find a review.
    I am going to her show a week from today.
    I'm not a big country music fan, and of the country music I do like, it's the older Country & Western....Old school stuff. (Today's country music, doesn't seem like Country music to me)

but I have liked Shania Twain, because she was a cross-over country pop artist, long before Taylor Swift, who I like as well.

So I guess my question is, is her show a big upbeat spectacle?

2. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are quite a few reviews of her premiere show via various media outlets. I can't point to any specifically but those were the reviews I saw prior to me seeing her in mid December shortly after she started performing at Caesar's. I enjoyed her show overall and there were various effects used that I hadn't seen used in other shows before. I used to listen to country music from the 80
    s and 90's.. nothing new and nothing older and very much liked Shania's music when she was in her musical prime. While she may not hit some of the high notes quite as high as she one did, it was still nice to hear her perform live and take in the overall show for it's entertainment value. The show does have moments when it's an upbeat spectacle, but overall it does have pretty good energy. Hope you get a chance to see her perform!

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Thanks.
    I did read some opening night reviews, I was hoping to read some reviews after a few performances and from regular folk, not media/entertainment writers

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw her in december

Great show she plays all the hits and only 1 new song
    Live horses on stage, big set, costume changes, she goes in the crowd a few times

Colosseum rules suck its almost impossible to take pictures in there

5. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw her second show (Dec. 2nd) and it was fantastic. My view might be a little one sided because I am a big fan of hers. The night before, after her first concert, I went to a cocktail party that she hosted for her foundation. It was a once in a lifetime experience because I was about 3 feet away from her; all of her band members were there and they mingled with the crowd. After I got back home and read the reviews of her show on a fan club site, a lot of the posters mentioned that they went and saw both the Saturday and Sunday performances; and they said that she did a better performance on Sunday night as opposed to her opening night. They figured it had to have been her nerves getting to her; which is understandable being away from the stage for 10 years. But, all in all, it was a great show and you will enjoy it.

6. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw her in December (8th) and she it was just ok for me; I wasn't as impressed with her show as I was Celine's or Elton's. I am a huge fan of Shania's music so made sure we had great seats; right beside the sound booth. Her voice on quite a few songs fell flat and she wasn't hitting the notes; then again, maybe she had an off night. It was entertaining (the dancers yummmmmm) and I'm glad I saw it once....would I pay to see her again: no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.