1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shaken Not Stirred Dinner Party Offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GreatGamblino, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatGamblino

GreatGamblino Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm currently in LV at the Paris, booked under a dinner party offer which included room, free play, prize drawing, & dinner/drinks/dancing featuring entertainment by Matt Goss. I decided to stay at Paris since the event was taking place here. When I went to register for the event, I was told they had "run out" of dinner party tickets & would give me an extra $200 in free play instead. Did this happen to anyone else? Not that I'm necessarily surprised by this, coming from CET, but it just seems like really poor form. Some of the would-be registrants were very unhappy. (And some of the CET employees dealing with them seemed extremely flippant about the whole situation.) Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So we headed over to the Wynn & had a complimentary dinner at Society Cafe. THAT left a really good taste in my mouth. :)

2. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that Total Rewards needs to do some serious training on how to handle problems, they are very lacking in this area.

3. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the "invite" was phrased as "the first x registrants will also enjoy a dinner..." that would be one thing.
    If they just sent out way too many invites then it stinks. I can see why people would get ticked off, especially if the staff attitude was "Tough, didn't you know only the first x got the dinner, here's your freeplay"

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too many issues like this one is why I took my business elsewhere.

5. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How strange, you received the complete opposite service I did in June. We were in Vegas specifically for the Brandi Ellis Toast of the Town event and when we showed up to register, they did not have me on the list and couldn't add me as it was sold out. Turns out that the person who took my reservation over the phone forgot to apply the offer code with my reservation. It took over an hour to get authorization (they were sold out and were tracking down the VP of the department to get his go ahead). As the employee at registration put it, "It was our error, not yours. You were invited to the event." I would have been very upset if they had not followed through as that was the sole reason we booked the trip. I'm sorry to hear that you were not treated the same way we were, you have every reason to be annoyed (putting it mildly).

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, you may have done better taking the money. We went to the dinner and although the entertainment was great, the food....not so much.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.