1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Several Qs for People Who Have Redeemed

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by blueivories, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueivories

blueivories Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how these redemption limits play out in real life, so if anyone has insight into the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it:

1. Can I mix and match a weekday room, weekend room, and weekend bonus room for one 3-day period? Specifically, I'm looking at the Aria for July 10-12. That would be Thursday, July 10 as a weekday room, Friday, July 11 as a weekend room, and Saturday, July 12 as a weekend bonus room. Will they let me book the same room for all 3 nights using that combination of codes?

2. I've read that (1) rewards must be used within 90 days; and (2) you can only redeem three rewards per 30-day period. Does that mean I could theoretically cash out for three rewards on May 1st, use them to book a room, then cash out for three more on June 1st, then three more on July 1st, and use all of them in Vegas some time in July?

Thanks for the wisdom!

2. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Q2, no.

It counts as redeeming your first reward when you first use it. I.E If you book a room for May 1st, your 30 day period will start on May 1st, once you have bought it, you have 90 days to use it after purchasing it (Buy on Feb 1st, then reddem by roughly May 1st).

The redemption date however is the key one, once the first one has been used, you can only use three rewards in total within 30 days. You can purchase more than 3, but can only use three within 30 days.

NFL Championship Weekend
  3. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I haven't done it myself, I'm pretty sure #1 is yes. They just have to be different rewards(or bonus nights).

And as mentioned above, hotel rewards are counted for the day you are staying, not the day to book it. I assume the same is true for show tickets as well.

4. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to add my 2 cents. the wording on the room rewards is misleading. It states...to "redeem" your room reward call... Leading one to think that actually having the reservaiton booked and confirmed is "redeeming" the reward. When in fact - the redemption really doesn't happen until you actually stay. Also when you go into yout reward history - once you have booked the room, it shows up under "redeemed" and no longer is under "purchased".

I had to write MyVegas an email to ask about that.

And yes, your #1 is correct. I did this for MGM and NYNY for a Wed/Thurs/Fri night stay. 1st night at MGM and the last 2 at NYNY but I actually did 3 different types of rewards to get that combo to work out.

40th Birthday Bash!
  5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 is yes as long as those dates are available for all 3. When i first booked myvegas (literally the day the new rate calendar came out i was on the phone before they were in the system lol) they did not have dates for where i wanted and only MC and MB had dates for the 3 days i needed.

I went with MB, checked calendar, bought the rewards then called in. I wrote all the codes on a piece of paper along with mlife # for easy access and it was a snap. I then needed a 4th so called back weeks later and phew it was available too.

2. No, that is what they want to avoid, people with trips far away would then be able to use many, many rewards. They want you to keep going to vegas, not get everything in one shot. Not sure if they expected it to take off as well as it did. They may show redeemed because you have to book them, along with show tickets where as buffets etc are not "redeemed" till you get there but the 30 days is from when you physically go.

6. blueivories

blueivories Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses everyone! And thanks for the heads up on room availability - it sounds like I'm going to need to make sure my heart isn't set on any particular combination of nights/hotels because it's perhaps unlikely that that combination will be available.

7. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My whole stay has completely changed from where i was first going to stay. I had 3 different hotels and none of it worked lol.

I went from trop, to GC, that one had me the most upset over all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.